Search the forum,

Discuss Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nicky G

PDC one just came off very simply in my hand :(

image.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Do u have a wall paper scraper or an old knife Nicky?
See if u can scrape the tiles clean. It's a dispersion adhesive and the longer it's exposed to the air the more it will dry, making removal more difficult.
If it scrapes away easily just take them off one at a time and clean them as u go.
Tedious but at least they can be reused.
Do u at least have a toilet and sink?

N

Nicky G

Do u have a wall paper scraper or an old knife Nicky?
See if u can scrape the tiles clean. It's a dispersion adhesive and the longer it's exposed to the air the more it will dry, making removal more difficult.
If it scrapes away easily just take them off one at a time and clean them as u go.
Tedious but at least they can be reused.
Do u at least have a toilet and sink?
I have some tools I can clean them up with, yes. Upsettingly I don't have a toilet or sink because the tiler said the job is easier with everything taken out first. My plumber has told me over the phone how I can refit the toilet bowl but I've already taken the cistern etc to the tip so I'll be roughing it out for a while longer by the looks of things. I'm so heartbroken it's making me cry. I know firsthand that worse things happen in life but I was so excited about my new little bathroom.
Thank you so much to all of you for taking the time to reply to me & for all your help & advice. I guess I got my work cut out

Reply to Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays