Search the forum,

Discuss Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nicky G

Did u at any point watch him apply adhesive to the wall or tile?
Can u describe what he did?
To me those corner tiles look dot and dabbed!
I didn't see how he did it but here's a pic of one of the tiles that fell off when I wiped the walls down (as he asked me do for him) the next day

image.jpeg

N

Nicky G

Did u at any point watch him apply adhesive to the wall or tile?
Can u describe what he did?
To me those corner tiles look dot and dabbed!
I didn't see how he did it but here's a pic of one of the tiles that fell off when I wiped the walls down (as he asked me do for him) the next day
@Nicky G
remain seated.
or you can to fall. ;)
you have already paid?
No, I haven't paid yet

H

hmtiling

Unfortunately I wasn't given a shopping list, I looked into it all myself. I went to B&Q & Topps Tiles. I did buy a primer as well but I've looked at all the materials & it looks like it hasn't been used. Does this mean there's a high risk other tiles will come down later? I'm so worried about this
I'd put something in the bath to protect it and then try to lever a tile off next to one the gaps.
Can you post a picture of the back of the tiles that have come off.
just typing that up

N

Nicky G

Can you post a picture of the back of the tiles that have come off.

Try pulling off the tiles around the area where the others have fallen off. If they come off just pulling them they're not stuck properly.

image.jpeg

W

WetSaw

Unfortunately it looks like it all needs to come off and started again.

It doesn't look like you'll have too much trouble getting them off and you may well be able to clean the tiles and reuse them.

N

Nicky G

I'd put something in the bath to protect it and then try to lever a tile off next to one the gaps.
This is the trouble, I haven't been able to have anything installed so I'm totally without a bathroom & now I don't know where to begin

O

Old Mod

Do u have a wall paper scraper or an old knife Nicky?
See if u can scrape the tiles clean. It's a dispersion adhesive and the longer it's exposed to the air the more it will dry, making removal more difficult.
If it scrapes away easily just take them off one at a time and clean them as u go.
Tedious but at least they can be reused.
Do u at least have a toilet and sink?

N

Nicky G

Do u have a wall paper scraper or an old knife Nicky?
See if u can scrape the tiles clean. It's a dispersion adhesive and the longer it's exposed to the air the more it will dry, making removal more difficult.
If it scrapes away easily just take them off one at a time and clean them as u go.
Tedious but at least they can be reused.
Do u at least have a toilet and sink?
I have some tools I can clean them up with, yes. Upsettingly I don't have a toilet or sink because the tiler said the job is easier with everything taken out first. My plumber has told me over the phone how I can refit the toilet bowl but I've already taken the cistern etc to the tip so I'll be roughing it out for a while longer by the looks of things. I'm so heartbroken it's making me cry. I know firsthand that worse things happen in life but I was so excited about my new little bathroom.
Thank you so much to all of you for taking the time to reply to me & for all your help & advice. I guess I got my work cut out

Reply to Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen