Search the forum,

Discuss Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nicky G

Soak the tiles in water, this should soften the adhesive down then it will be easier to scrape off, they should come up like new, Make sure the next guy that puts them on primes the wall with an acrylic primer or SBR diluted 2 to 1 and trowels the wall with adhesive, not dot and dab the tiles them like the last guy, cement adhesive will always be better that tub ready mix,. How much was the tiler going to charge for the job, he wasn't a property maintenance tiler buy any chance.
Thanks for the tips, I will definitely do that. I bought him a BAL SBR primer but that's sitting unopened next to the grout bags. He was charging £*** & said 2.5 days. It's about 14 sq m of walls & 2.5 sq m of floor. He's a carpenter by trade but swore he knew what he was doing when I asked if this is something he's competent with

Sorry prices not allowed in public forum
Not to worry tho, but had to be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nicky G

Maybe someone local to you may read this thread later today and may be able to help u out if required.
If I wasn't so completely snowed under, I'd pitch in cos I'm just over an hour away.
But I just can't I'm afraid.
I even brought my work home yesterday to cut today for fitting tomorrow haha
Just too up against it I'm afraid.
Well I really appreciate you saying that anyway, so thank you. I imagine that anyone who is any good will always be very busy. That's partly why I'm so worried now, I don't know where to turn to get this fixed as quickly as is practical... (I don't think @antonio plane will fly here fast enough & the M25's a shocker )
Joking aside I wouldn't expect help for nothing, I'd obviously pay my way. I wish I could learn what to do fast enough to do a good job of it myself

I

Italy

Maybe someone local to you may read this thread later today and may be able to help u out if required.
If I wasn't so completely snowed under, I'd pitch in cos I'm just over an hour away.
But I just can't I'm afraid.
I even brought my work home yesterday to cut today for fitting tomorrow haha
Just too up against it I'm afraid.
it's not true. He woke up at 2 pm. today ;) ahah

Reply to Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen