Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
First coat of wood preserver on at 10pm but at least it's done!!

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

Thing is I'll never use it. I could have got a 55'' OLED smart telly and wall bracket for what this is going to cost me - I'm gonna make her sit out there in winter

O

Old Mod

Thing is I'll never use it. I could have got a 55'' OLED smart telly and wall bracket for what this is going to cost me - I'm gonna make her sit out there in winter

Blimey you’ve grafted there Nick!
How deep are those piles?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
700mm - that was yesterday and it killed me ! Today was a breeze compared to that.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It really doesn't

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To be fair apart from breaking up the concrete where the old bricks were it was just like clay and I stopped when I hit the hardcore which was about 60-70cm. Easy digging compared to what it could have been (done loads of fences and there's brick, big stones and roots and one hole can take 1/2 a day) After 16 I was knackered though :p

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
was going to ask you what it's like once I'd stopped sulking

O

Old Mod

To be fair apart from breaking up the concrete where the old bricks were it was just like clay and I stopped when I hit the hardcore which was about 60-70cm. Easy digging compared to what it could have been (done loads of fences and there's brick, big stones and roots and one hole can take 1/2 a day) After 16 I was knackered though :p

Yeah I know mate, I’ve been digging some piles in my garden, 100 x 100 posts to 800mm. Thing is I need 48! I’m half way :(

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Haha - you've cheered me up now. I wouldn't want to do that for 2 tellys!

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks