Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sigma in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Tiles are getting bigger, and some times tiles can be 640 ish, nothing worse than having a tile that just won't quite fit in

I

Italy

I use 3B4 67cm, for 80% of the work.
3P2K 102cm klick klock for 10% of the work,
BATTIPAV 160. raimondi freeline 350 cm for the rest.
I'm not convinced that 75cm, will help.
but I can also make mistakes.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sigma , best tile cutters by far , got rid of all my Rubi cutters long ago apart from my trusty TS30 , also have a montolit mp75 which i have retired because it struggles with textured tiles
Ive got a 3P2M , 3C3M and a small pull sigma that ive had since way back , i prefer push to pull so simply turn the bar the other way as in the photo , simples ...
WP_20160813_001 2.jpg

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Well, I've never used a sigma but the majority on here can't be wrong so gonna get I've ordered up on Friday
I'm also contemplating on purchasing a sigma after all the hype on here.....bit which sigma!!??

M

MW Smith Ceramics

View attachment 83936 Tell you one problem Rubis do have though: (quite a major one)

After 600mm the design just doesn't work.
That's why they beef everything up with multiple bars etc.
Sigma design works every time. My 3em will cut and break 1200mm x 12mm porcelain planks all day.
The Rubi I hired from Porcelanosa years ago for the first time I fixed these - well it nearly put me off tiling for life.
So true,

One of the reasons I'm looking to come away from rubi is we are fixing lots of 1200 planks and the tx 1200 really does struggle to to achieve a perfectly finished cut edge so I'm at it with the angle grinder sometimes which takes time so I need a cutter that will do the job first time every time.....which sigma impish ?

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The tx1200 is not a good cutter imo , far too heavy and doesn't cut straight also flexes too much , I got rid of mine hated the damn thing ..

O

One Day

So true,

One of the reasons I'm looking to come away from rubi is we are fixing lots of 1200 planks and the tx 1200 really does struggle to to achieve a perfectly finished cut edge so I'm at it with the angle grinder sometimes which takes time so I need a cutter that will do the job first time every time.....which sigma impish ?

Mine is a 3em max.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

First go on it today, I'm impressed, it's breaking ability is great, just got to get used to cutting cuts that aren't square, sighting it up against the central bar

Ay up local , which sigma did you purchase ?.....we got some 12mm planks we constantly working with that the tx1200 can't even break so I'm in need of a machine to do the job and have been looking into sigma as they seem popular here.......or Montolit.......think I'll pop & see Dave at Tradetiler ( maybe he'll let me trial a couple out )......let me know how you find it as you continue with it as they ain't bloody cheap are they

O

Old Mod

Ay up local , which sigma did you purchase ?.....we got some 12mm planks we constantly working with that the tx1200 can't even break so I'm in need of a machine to do the job and have been looking into sigma as they seem popular here.......or Montolit.......think I'll pop & see Dave at Tradetiler ( maybe he'll let me trial a couple out )......let me know how you find it as you continue with it as they ain't bloody cheap are they
Stop dawdling Mark, just bite bullet! :p
Listen to me! 5 months ago all I'd ever used was one of those red things......what are they called again? :D

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Get the Sigma , you wont regret it , as mentioned in my previous post while the Montolit is not a bad cutter it struggles with certain tiles , especially textured , honestly its a no brainer..

Reply to Sigma in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks