Search the forum,

Discuss Second opinion on work carried out in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Yes spoke to them they are proposing to just do the one wall and the floor but there is a multitude of sins and I feel a full rip out is needed and is within rights of asking for going by the pictures I've shown..... They came down and Brought tiler with them coukd be anyone I guess but what he said that one wall where old tiles are under the plasterboard there was excessive lapping he said and thr floor needed done again and when I was pointing out other things he was brushing it off..... Also dave when using plasterboard in a shower area is there regs on what they have to use as it's all bog standard 12.5mm plasterboard

Thanks
Yes BS5385 states all areas subject to wetting has to be waterproofed. Be this in aqua panel type boards Or the area is tanked with a paste system or membrane.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Thanks again dave

Also is there any dimension on where this should start and stop or thr full area of shower tray?

Thanks
Full area of shower tray and up to at least shower screen height. Bath is all around the bath area.

Last edited:
Let us know how you get on.
I will do

It's a sticky situation for me as the same company fresh kitchens and bathrooms Ltd are ment to be starting my kitchen next week and I have said I have lost all confidence in there workmanship.. After these issues arose I had another kitchen fitter come in and look over there drawing and it's not the best either he found flaws in that.... So I have alot of alarm bells ringing at the moment as how it's played out this crowed is a right shower of sh#t

I will do

It's a sticky situation for me as the same company fresh kitchens and bathrooms Ltd are ment to be starting my kitchen next week and I have said I have lost all confidence in there workmanship.. After these issues arose I had another kitchen fitter come in and look over there drawing and it's not the best either he found flaws in that.... So I have alot of alarm bells ringing at the moment as how it's played out this crowed is a right shower of sh#t
Screenshot_20210218_225512_com.android.chrome.jpg

Am I right in reading this that plasterboard should be left for 10 days after being dot dabbed prior to tiling on?

If anyome could confirm this would be greatly appreciated to help me in this sticky situation I'm in

View attachment 114189

Am I right in reading this that plasterboard should be left for 10 days after being dot dabbed prior to tiling on?

If anyome could confirm this would be greatly appreciated to help me in this sticky situation I'm in
Yes, however,
Also if I've read the previous posts correctly, in your favour are the facts that...
They've dot and dabbed over existing tiles?
The full floor has failed before even being used?
No waterproofing or suitable boards used in wet areas?
Green star adhesive on heavy tiles?
You've already got more than a leg to stand on!
Get your money back, all of it, and more for the inconvenience,
And cancel the kitchen.

Reply to Second opinion on work carried out in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen