Search the forum,

Discuss Sand And Cement As Adhesive? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

QUOTE="GaryTheTiler, post: 801673, member: 4720"]laundry room in an old peoples home , plasterers left the walls in scratch coat so I decided to fit the tiles the old fashioned way , hadnt done it for several years so wanted a bit of practice[/QUOTE] you do realise that you've made removing them at some possible future date, rather a headache for someone don't you?!

T

The D

Ste-G

TF
Arms
Reaction score
you can do wall tiling with sand and cement too there are several different methods thin and thick bedding
here is the thick bed or hand fixing method as it is sometimes called

View attachment 79660 View attachment 79661 View attachment 79662 View attachment 79663
This takes me back, soaking the tiles in a bin full of water over night, getting them out and stacking them to drain in the morning ready for fixing. Great job for the winter months, I can still feel the chilblains now :coldsweat:

I

Italy

That pic brings back memories of labouring on the old boys when i was a kid i hated getting the tiles from the bottom of the bouch, come to think of it i hated every thing about S&C work lol
oh my god that memories ....
hate even now

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
QUOTE="GaryTheTiler, post: 801673, member: 4720"]laundry room in an old peoples home , plasterers left the walls in scratch coat so I decided to fit the tiles the old fashioned way , hadnt done it for several years so wanted a bit of practice
you do realise that you've made removing them at some possible future date, rather a headache for someone don't you?![/QUOTE]
Like s..t to a blanket lol

Reply to Sand And Cement As Adhesive? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen