Search the forum,

Discuss Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

???? Who done that then
I thought you pretty much said cement or anhydrate it going to fail and that priming as a blanker isnt that good . So if you said that I stand by what I say if I misunderstood you tell me .

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought you pretty much said cement or anhydrate it going to fail and that priming as a blanker is that good . So if you said that I stand by what I say if I misunderstood you tell me .
No I misunderstood your post. Who has bought products to market without testing?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Would you have any guess as to why they say prime and grip works?
I'm afraid not. I don't know why they say a lot of things sometimes. Also to be fair I don't know what it's made of. I suppose it's possibly a numbers game. Put enough if anything on and it'll work. The amount youd need though is just impractical. If it's an acrylic it's a risk.

O

Old Mod

I'm afraid not. I don't know why they say a lot of things sometimes. Also to be fair I don't know what it's made of. I suppose it's possibly a numbers game. Put enough if anything on and it'll work. The amount youd need though is just impractical. If it's an acrylic it's a risk.
Agreed.

O

Old Mod

So your saying they tested it but it's still going to fail
I hope you've quoted the wrong post! :p

Everything Alan has said I agree with, I've researched this to death over the last week and I have found nothing that would make me conclude a different outcome to what has been said.
He didn't say it was going to fail, he said he didn't know the chemical composition of prime and grip and therefore couldn't comment.
And what he said about acrylic primer not being reliable, is also true.
I've read that myself in the concrete journal.
The only ones that can answer that are Mapei, that don't mean they'll tell me tho.
This is a low end product with a very highly strung installation technique.
Appears to be have been devolved with another market in mind originally, and they've tried to adapt it for tiling.
If you pick a hundred tilers that are not on a forum, how many do you think will have a successful install with this product?
How many will even bother with the installation manual?
This stuff is an accident waiting to happen.
But that's only MY opinion.

Alan has practical experience, and that's why I was hoping he may of been able to answer my questions.
we all know in the real world, that experience far exceeds the knowledge gained from reading alone.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So your saying they tested it but it's still going to fail
that's what I'm getting at. Who is supposed to have tested what?? which manufacturers and which products?? don't get me wrong I'm not having a go or trying to pick an argument. Just trying to work out what you are actually asking/saying

D

Dumbo

that's what I'm getting at. Who is supposed to have tested what?? which manufacturers and which products?? don't get me wrong I'm not having a go or trying to pick an argument. Just trying to work out what you are actually asking/saying
Sorry I just don't get it . I thought you saying with your chemistry knowledge that even following their recommendations it was still going produce gas and ultimately fail . I therefore misunderstood what you were saying .

Reply to Retro fit ufh & Hydrogen gas causes floor failure. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen