Search the forum,

Discuss Raimondi levelling pegs tested on a recent job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have always been taught to read the floor/wall substrates before tiling with straight/feather edge etc.. and prep before if required, surely we can serrate a floor/wall and fix tiles without lippage . Personally i don't think its for me at this moment in time.

I also levelled that floor Houston it was out by 25/30 mm in places.these systems still require a certain amount of skill to use.!! ;)

C

charlie1

Be interesting to test this system on a typical flor where people would be tempted to use it... lets say a slightly uneven floor with +/-5mm over a 1.8 edge, then lay a line if tiles and activate the system, lets see how the adhesive deforme under the tiles and where it goes! Having given this matter thought, that the system seems to do is turn all the tiles in to one large tile the size of the room so ask yourself this totally hypothetical question, what trowel size would you use on a typical floor with a tile the size of your room??? 20+mm ?? ... who knows... something hs to give somewhere, there has to be a downside to achieving these perfect results on the surface!

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Be interesting to test this system on a typical flor where people would be tempted to use it... lets say a slightly uneven floor with +/-5mm over a 1.8 edge, then lay a line if tiles and activate the system, lets see how the adhesive deforme under the tiles and where it goes! Having given this matter thought, that the system seems to do is turn all the tiles in to one large tile the size of the room so ask yourself this totally hypothetical question, what trowel size would you use on a typical floor with a tile the size of your room??? 20+mm ?? ... who knows... something hs to give somewhere, there has to be a downside to achieving these perfect results on the surface!

Hi Charlie, I wouldn't advise anybody tonus

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Ignore that last post Charlie lol. Was gonna write summat but I've done to much typing tonight... ;)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I think I will stick to my hard earned skills, as above the ability to read a floor, and put years of experience into practice works for me. But if this system works for you, go for it.:thumbsup:a bit DIY imo.

R

rainsco

last year i got an call for bit for an architect own house. all floors with 180x80cm tiles with half shifted layout. on walls 120 x 60 (4mm) over 150m² . a very high end house. raimondi or other leveling system was required and part of the agreement.
that was one of the causes (not the main) i didn´t enter. i have no problem with the size of the tiles but no expierence with the system and this was no job to try it out.
what i want to say. this was no DIY Job.
the architect has his cause why he claims the system.

but in my opinion time is no advantage of these systems. when i watch the videos i think in time when you install the plastik you can take the tile up and set adhesive on right place and level it twice and then you have perfect bed and perfect surface.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Looking at this system you need four clips ,I think the ATR system looks as if its a bit quicker as you only use one on the four corners will not try it yet but will wait to read if any other tilers have used them still think they are a bit pricey.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at this system you need four clips ,I think the ATR system looks as if its a bit quicker as you only use one on the four corners will not try it yet but will wait to read if any other tilers have used them still think they are a bit pricey.

The ATR system is a good system aswell IMO!! But takes a bit of getting used to..!

G

glasgow_tiler

Hey, Glasgow tiler I have been able to try on a small area where I needed to build up by 25mm or so, the clips were fine but I agree they are not for everyone, on large commercial work completely impractical on a financial basis.

One thing to add I have been able to use the wedges three times over so far but I think that probably about it with them as the serrated top edges are showing wear now.

Again I would like to stress so far only tried on porcelain so can not give a view on other tiles i.e travertine etc.

For me the pegs are not there to level the floor they lessen the chance of lippage when the adhesive is drying back. The clips will not pull a tile up or down by huge amounts so the adhesive contact should not be broken as the clips will break if you squeeze the wedge in with to much force

they just seem like they could be a pain to use and in a way pointless, but i can see were they could be helpfull to some folks

P

Phil22

I am trying them on 60 x 60 next week and, also have some Australian Atr levelling pegs so hopefully will be able to post a thread comparing them next week.

If you have any questions let me know and i will try to answer if I can

Hi Jeff, sorry if you've already posted this, but where did you get the ATR system from in uk?, I've looked but can only see on places like ebay and ebid from the usa?
cheers

Reply to Raimondi levelling pegs tested on a recent job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen