Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

E

ExplodingPudding

Try using a different blade. If it's the 180 with 2 blades and case then I believe, if memory isn't failing me, they are segmented. Which can be a bugger for porcelain. Try getting a continuous blade as mentioned above. Give Rubi a call too if it still gives you trouble.

On a side note, don't ever use WD40 on the ND180. I've got two in the warehouse that are covered in muck from that being used to clean them. It will just make the dirt stick.

K

kenny mac

Exploding pudding yes it came in a case with two blades both blanch for ceramic so had to Buy a red one for porcelain tiles thay are continuous blades

What on earth possessed someone to use wd40 ?

Cheers everyone

S

Stef

I wouldn't touch the Marcrist 850 blades as they are ok but not the best, I used them for a while but then moved onto the Montolit blades & now use ATS blades specifically.

I

Italy

make 10 cuts dry. These use concrete blocks. That you'll see it works. compry?

image.jpeg

I

Italy

@kenny mac I hope myself understood :(
if you want to try.
I had problems with core bits Montolit. continuous rim.
called Montolit technical office.
Montolit said: do 10 dry holes, with brick, the photo posted above.
later improved a lot.
gxkjsfgweofgwkej tgj hfo2ulkejthqk. PD

S

Spare Tool

I wouldn't touch the Marcrist 850 blades as they are ok but not the best, I used them for a while but then moved onto the Montolit blades & now use ATS blades specifically.
Do you rate the ATS blades above the montolit then Stef, just invested myself in a monti progress for the grinder?

S

Spare Tool

yes andy.
only you be fooled by antonio.
antonio (Italian) takes 10% from Montolit.
each blade that manages to sell. hahaha
Hahaha..you on commission?
You should be able to give up on the tiling then soon, turn my pounds into euro's :)

Reply to Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen