Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

make 10 cuts dry. These use concrete blocks. That you'll see it works. compry?

@antonio,
U have adhesive on your Ducati shoes!
surprised-004.gif

image.jpeg

S

Spare Tool

I wouldn't touch the Marcrist 850 blades as they are ok but not the best, I used them for a while but then moved onto the Montolit blades & now use ATS blades specifically.
Do you rate the ATS blades above the montolit then Stef, just invested myself in a monti progress for the grinder?

S

Spare Tool

yes andy.
only you be fooled by antonio.
antonio (Italian) takes 10% from Montolit.
each blade that manages to sell. hahaha
Hahaha..you on commission?
You should be able to give up on the tiling then soon, turn my pounds into euro's :)

K

kenny mac

Thanks folks I did some dry cuts on off cuts and now cutting the tiles upsides down a lot less chipping hardly noticeable

The £20 plasplugs with a general cutting blade dose fantastic cuts absolute madness

Thanks everyone the cuts are good enough I'm going to run with it

Cheers Kenny Mac

S

Stef

Do you rate the ATS blades above the montolit then Stef, just invested myself in a monti progress for the grinder?
The pro-gres is probably the best blade I have used but an ATS blade isn't far behind it & when the ATS blade is almost £30 cheaper then it's a no brainer.
Need to purchase one form Alan @ ATS & try them for yourself m8..

S

Spare Tool

The pro-gres is probably the best blade I have used but an ATS blade isn't far behind it & when the ATS blade is almost £30 cheaper then it's a no brainer.
Need to purchase one form Alan @ ATS & try them for yourself m8..
Craig (Widler) gave me an ATS blade to try and I was very happy with the results untill some Italian guy on here :) kept banging on about the monti's so thought id see what all the hype was about, as you say for nearly four fold in the price there's not a lot in it..Think the montolit slightly better but comparing price to quality its definitely not 4 times better :)

S

Stef

Craig (Widler) gave me an ATS blade to try and I was very happy with the results untill some Italian guy on here :) kept banging on about the monti's so thought id see what all the hype was about, as you say for nearly four fold in the price there's not a lot in it..Think the montolit slightly better but comparing price to quality its definitely not 4 times better :)
Couldn't have said it better myself..
Craig's a good one, always talking to him on Facebook..

I

Italy

you are talking about two different blades.
I believe that ats be similar to this.
disco-diamantato-turbo-gres-porcellanato-diamond-blade-turbo-gres-porcelain2.jpg

I

Italy

I use progres for excellent finishes.
and use TCS 115 for quick cuts and good finishes.
like to try. ats to compare tcs Montolit.

Reply to Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks