Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

kenny mac

Hi all as said above I'm chipping the porcelain tiles I'm cutting.

I have just bought a Rubi ND180 and a new blade for porcelain tiles and its chipping the tiles not big chips but. My old £20 Plasplugs wet tile cutter dose perfect cuts on the same tiles. It's just not big enough to hold the tiles while cutting them.

I'm not forcing the tiles I'm letting the cutter do the work plenty of water in the tray just small chips all along the cuts.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers Kenny

K

kenny mac

Hi Andy

All that is on the package is CPC180 its a complete blade in red for porcelain tiles a genuine Rubi blade

Cheers Kenny

I

Italy

try cutting a few bricks (red).
without water. Dry.
It needs to re OILSTONES the blades

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is it a continuous rim blade or segmented? For smoth cuts a continuous one is best. For fast cutting a segmented works best.

O

One Day

Some saws have a slight wobble on the spindle. They'll chip no matter what you do due to the slight left-to-right motion on the blade as it spins.

J

Just Rizzle

take it out sling it and replace with a marquist 850 all my cutters are using marquist 850 blades no problems
another thing with the rubi 180 set the blade to the depth of the tile plus 10 mm cuts better than at full depth

E

ExplodingPudding

Try using a different blade. If it's the 180 with 2 blades and case then I believe, if memory isn't failing me, they are segmented. Which can be a bugger for porcelain. Try getting a continuous blade as mentioned above. Give Rubi a call too if it still gives you trouble.

On a side note, don't ever use WD40 on the ND180. I've got two in the warehouse that are covered in muck from that being used to clean them. It will just make the dirt stick.

K

kenny mac

Exploding pudding yes it came in a case with two blades both blanch for ceramic so had to Buy a red one for porcelain tiles thay are continuous blades

What on earth possessed someone to use wd40 ?

Cheers everyone

S

Stef

I wouldn't touch the Marcrist 850 blades as they are ok but not the best, I used them for a while but then moved onto the Montolit blades & now use ATS blades specifically.

I

Italy

make 10 cuts dry. These use concrete blocks. That you'll see it works. compry?

image.jpeg

I

Italy

@kenny mac I hope myself understood :(
if you want to try.
I had problems with core bits Montolit. continuous rim.
called Montolit technical office.
Montolit said: do 10 dry holes, with brick, the photo posted above.
later improved a lot.
gxkjsfgweofgwkej tgj hfo2ulkejthqk. PD

Reply to Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks