Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

K

kenny mac

Hi all as said above I'm chipping the porcelain tiles I'm cutting.

I have just bought a Rubi ND180 and a new blade for porcelain tiles and its chipping the tiles not big chips but. My old £20 Plasplugs wet tile cutter dose perfect cuts on the same tiles. It's just not big enough to hold the tiles while cutting them.

I'm not forcing the tiles I'm letting the cutter do the work plenty of water in the tray just small chips all along the cuts.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers Kenny

K

kenny mac

Hi Andy

All that is on the package is CPC180 its a complete blade in red for porcelain tiles a genuine Rubi blade

Cheers Kenny

I

Italy

try cutting a few bricks (red).
without water. Dry.
It needs to re OILSTONES the blades

O

One Day

Some saws have a slight wobble on the spindle. They'll chip no matter what you do due to the slight left-to-right motion on the blade as it spins.

J

Just Rizzle

take it out sling it and replace with a marquist 850 all my cutters are using marquist 850 blades no problems
another thing with the rubi 180 set the blade to the depth of the tile plus 10 mm cuts better than at full depth

Reply to Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen