Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers electricians carpenters plasterers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

rubbish...of course never on exposed pipe work...but its fine..plumbers use it all the time...shower manifolds is hard due to the size of fittings but running a shower pump using push fit is a doddle...then to copper.....under baths for taps..quick and cheaper than copper..in hospitals now they don't allow any open flame pipe work..compression of push fit now..pretty much what all new builds are using..

B

Bubblecraft

I use Hep2o for all my concealed pipework. Generally chrome for anything exposed

I

ian158

just started using that as opposed to john guest..cheaper and like the little tool to get fittings off in tight spaces if needed..

B

Bubblecraft

I prefer them to speed fit. No tightening required. The keys for removal are great though sometimes the inserts get caught in the fitting. No often I need to take them apart.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
How you working out that plastic is cheaper than copper?
My local merchant have copper at £1.60 pm plastic is about 50p cheaper. But a copper elbow is about 9p compared to a speedfit at over a quid!

Q

Qwerty

There are hidden costs with soldering (copper) plumbing. Solder, flux, wire wool or pads and gas all add up the cost. I prefer to solder, but using speedfit & floplast more often now.

I

ian158

How you working out that plastic is cheaper than copper?
My local merchant have copper at £1.60 pm plastic is about 50p cheaper. But a copper elbow is about 9p compared to a speedfit at over a quid!

buy it in 25mt rolls is much cheaper

- - - Updated - - -

There are hidden costs with soldering (copper) plumbing. Solder, flux, wire wool or pads and gas all add up the cost. I prefer to solder, but using speedfit & floplast more often now.
and time.....

C

cr0ft

Mmm coz plumbing is really difficult these days....

Nope, but the mess plastic pipe fittings like Speedfit make when they fail is reassuringly expensive to fix :) Not that the manufacturers will tell that! Been to too many houses to see major flooding where one of those plastic fittings failed when the customer was out at work. The result? Mains pressure water spewing out into the house all day long. Not houses I have plumbed I might add as I hate the stuff. Copper all the way for me, at least when it gives up it's just a small drip. Never met a rodent yet that could chew through copper either.

T

The D

Job finished. Thank god there was no plinth that needed cutting down I don’t know what I would have done as I am only a tiler you know andI have only been doing it for 2 decades.

166.jpg 167.jpg 169.jpg 173.jpg 175.jpg 176.jpg 180.jpg 198.jpg 200.jpg 217.jpg 219.jpg 222.jpg 248.jpg 368.jpg 371.jpg 401.jpg 399.jpg 394.jpg 393.jpg 397.jpg

Reply to Plumbers electricians carpenters plasterers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen