Search the forum,

Discuss mosaic adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

59peejay

On both end walls i want to put in two strips of 305x305 50 mm mosaics,iwas thinking of tiling the walls leaving a strip till last using a couple of battens then adding the mosaics,i will be using either keraflex or kera maxi for the ceramics,is this the way to do it and what adhesive should i use for the mosaics?.
Also using same mosaics for the 1300x800 shower tray,what adhesive again for these?,thanks.

D

diamondtiling

Same as Kilty, if they are the same thickness as your tiles I would fix as I go and peg to stop any being squashed down, There are some pictures in one of my albums showing travertine borders which were fitted as I went. Dont forget to seal prior to grouting.

:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Depends on how quick you work...for adhesive choice.

The maxi is a very flexible adhesive...:thumbsup:

W

White Room

If your doing a mosaic border use cut tiles

Before anyone asks I did centre the tiles to the pier but the women did'nt like it, came in in the morning and found the husband had his orders and taken the tiles off, so that's what she wanted:yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to mosaic adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen