Currently reading:
Ltp grout stain remover on porcelain tiles

Discuss Ltp grout stain remover on porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dancuprar

I have been grouting my kitchen floor today with Jasmine mapai grout. The joints look spot on and I am pleased with the job. I thought that I had wiped the tiles enough but when they dried you can see the dusting of Jasmine grout on the tiles. I bought a bottle of the ltp stain remover but it does not say if you can use it on porcelain so just wanted to check before I use it.

I still have 2/3's of the floor to grout so any tips would be useful as I can't see what more I can do. I mixed 2.5kg with 1/2 litre of water as 5kg seemed like a lot to get down in the time. I pushed it well into the joints which took me about 20 mins using a rubber float and did try to get all the grout off the tiles with the float. Then I started with a well rung out sponge cleaning the grout off the tiles ringing it out etc etc. Then to finish went over it all with a Cotten rag to try and clean the damp tiles.

They are not to bad but I would expect they could be better

Cheer

I

itstony

All Porcelano tiles are porous, just to what extent is the only factor.

http://www.infotile.com.au/magazines/tiletoday/past/2004/43/article.pdf

Read this article that will let you understand what you are dealing with when using Porcelano. Excellent read.
This was passed onto me from this forum.
I just wish I had read this first, I have made that mistake also.

Now onto posting my thread on sealing:thumbsup:

Reply to Ltp grout stain remover on porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.