Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ltp grout stain remover on porcelain tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dancuprar

I have been grouting my kitchen floor today with Jasmine mapai grout. The joints look spot on and I am pleased with the job. I thought that I had wiped the tiles enough but when they dried you can see the dusting of Jasmine grout on the tiles. I bought a bottle of the ltp stain remover but it does not say if you can use it on porcelain so just wanted to check before I use it.

I still have 2/3's of the floor to grout so any tips would be useful as I can't see what more I can do. I mixed 2.5kg with 1/2 litre of water as 5kg seemed like a lot to get down in the time. I pushed it well into the joints which took me about 20 mins using a rubber float and did try to get all the grout off the tiles with the float. Then I started with a well rung out sponge cleaning the grout off the tiles ringing it out etc etc. Then to finish went over it all with a Cotten rag to try and clean the damp tiles.

They are not to bad but I would expect they could be better

Cheer

D

Dancuprar

Have you tried washing again first and use a scotch pad..?

To be honest I haven't actually tried washing it again. I did try wiping a few tiles with a damp cloth, it looked like it had worked while wet and was no different once dry.

Reply to Ltp grout stain remover on porcelain tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks