Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking showerlay in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

evilmango

I've just had a wetroom installed. I specified the components and went for a 1000 x 1000 offset Showerlay and 20mm Marmox board onto 22mm ply, with Schluter Kerdi matting for tanking (with the all the necessary glue, reinforcement corners etc).

Plumber came in today to fit the shower head and Dallmer drain. When he went to give the system a quick test he discovered the floor leaking. It seems to be coming from around the drain (but not from the drain connection itself).

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of showerlays leaking at all? My general impression from reviews is that they're pretty solid, as long as they're installed properly.

E

evilmango

Trying to upload a photo but keep getting an error message about my quota (I've tried resizing it so it's only 150KB)...

E

evilmango

Cheers, sent over. I'm wondering if the square cut out has caused problems? I did note that the showerlay instructions specify cutting a keyhole shape hole.

Q

Qwerty

image.jpg

Q

Qwerty

I can see straight away what I think is the issue..... It looks as if you fixer has used a thin sheet of metal to support the plastic part of the former, but in doing so this will not make a tight seal between the trap components and former.

Reply to Leaking showerlay in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen