Currently reading:
Leaking showerlay

Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking showerlay in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

evilmango

I've just had a wetroom installed. I specified the components and went for a 1000 x 1000 offset Showerlay and 20mm Marmox board onto 22mm ply, with Schluter Kerdi matting for tanking (with the all the necessary glue, reinforcement corners etc).

Plumber came in today to fit the shower head and Dallmer drain. When he went to give the system a quick test he discovered the floor leaking. It seems to be coming from around the drain (but not from the drain connection itself).

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of showerlays leaking at all? My general impression from reviews is that they're pretty solid, as long as they're installed properly.

Q

Qwerty

image.jpg

E

evilmango

I think there is an issue with the tanking here
I checked all the tanking before the tiles went down - Schluter Kerdi matting applied to all walls with Kerdi Coll, then joints taped to showerlay with Kerdi tape, then reinforcemens glued in the corners. The only exception is the righthand wall where the tiler ran out of Kerdi matting so used a sheet of Homelux wall.

With all that said, whilst testing it I've been very careful not to get water beyond the centre of the floor so I don't think it's even getting close to the tanked parts.

Reply to Leaking showerlay in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement