Search the forum,

Discuss Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tommygun_ski

I knew that some manufacturers do larger formats but only heard about ultra thin porcelain like ecoporcelain or that casa florim oversize. Yeah. Client got slightly overexcited

L

LM

This is getting silly, we'd be better off perfecting the polishing of stained concrete or improving resin floors.
This is factories measuring d^*ks.
There's a place for large formats, but this is getting silly, most people wouldn't know they were looking at a tile.
I think the cost, environmental and H&S implications of this will be its demise.
I could think of dozens of analogies to describe how silly this is getting!

C

Colour Republic

It's because some of these tiles weren't meant to be tiles in the first place @LEE MAC For example Neolith like I mentioned above is a sintered stone (a type of porcelain pressed under extreme measures) It is used a hell of a lot as a worktop, in fact that's its main market, but it also doubles up as building clading and extreme format tiles. It's not so much that they were trying to produce huge tiles, it's more it over spilled in to that market.

C

Colour Republic

for example this is a neolith worktop, the slab is actually only 6mm thick, but its fabricated i.e. mitred to produce worktops of any depth

Neolith-polished-calacatta-island-counter-top-waterfall.jpg

T

Tommygun_ski

It's because some of these tiles weren't meant to be tiles in the first place @LEE MAC For example Neolith like I mentioned above is a sintered stone (a type of porcelain pressed under extreme measures) It is used a hell of a lot as a worktop, in fact that's its main market, but it also doubles up as building clading and extreme format tiles. It's not so much that they were trying to produce huge tiles, it's more it over spilled in to that market.
That's right. Our tile is Cosentino. They mainly manufactured worktops or clads and now came here with floor and walls coverings

C

Colour Republic

So it was Dekton then? They were the first to push it in the U.K. About 3 years ago, Alongside their Silestone brand, followed quickly by neolith

S

Stef

Haven't fixed a bigger tile than 1200x600 but have been on the Grespania course & they were fixing 3mx1m..

Reply to Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen