Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Colour Republic

for example this is a neolith worktop, the slab is actually only 6mm thick, but its fabricated i.e. mitred to produce worktops of any depth

Neolith-polished-calacatta-island-counter-top-waterfall.jpg

T

Tommygun_ski

It's because some of these tiles weren't meant to be tiles in the first place @LEE MAC For example Neolith like I mentioned above is a sintered stone (a type of porcelain pressed under extreme measures) It is used a hell of a lot as a worktop, in fact that's its main market, but it also doubles up as building clading and extreme format tiles. It's not so much that they were trying to produce huge tiles, it's more it over spilled in to that market.
That's right. Our tile is Cosentino. They mainly manufactured worktops or clads and now came here with floor and walls coverings

C

Colour Republic

So it was Dekton then? They were the first to push it in the U.K. About 3 years ago, Alongside their Silestone brand, followed quickly by neolith

S

Stef

Haven't fixed a bigger tile than 1200x600 but have been on the Grespania course & they were fixing 3mx1m..

O

One Day

Casa sell 3.2 x 1.6 x 6mm
I've got sum 2.4 x .800 to fit the first week of November.
Ive recently installed some magnum which came via casa ceramica at 3.2 x 1.6 x 6mm.
I didn't enjoy it, but all least it's done now and all ok.

Reply to Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks