Search the forum,

Discuss how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

My mate Ozboz (aka) as Steve has been tiling for forty years, he has worked in the UK and Australia, on every type of project imaginable. Yet he has to fork out £800.00 plus for a NVQ level 2, he should have at least level 3 given his experience. It seems strange that someone with a fraction of his knowledge maybe assessing him. He was showing me today the criteria (units) required for NVQ level 2.

As I sit on the TTA fixer training committee, I am aware the these units are being reviewed, I know grandfather rights have gone, but I do think that people of Steve's caliber should just be awarded NVQ2 without OSAT or the need to pay ££££s he has forgotten more about tiling than some people will ever learn. Sorry I must have my grumpy head on tonight.:thumbsup:

W

White Room

My mate Ozboz (aka) as Steve has been tiling for forty years, he has worked in the UK and Australia, on every type of project imaginable. Yet he has to fork out £800.00 plus for a NVQ level 2, he should have at least level 3 given his experience. It seems strange that someone with a fraction of his knowledge maybe assessing him. He was showing me today the criteria (units) required for NVQ level 2.

As I sit on the TTA fixer training committee, I am aware the these units are being reviewed, I know grandfather rights have gone, but I do think that people of Steve's caliber should just be awarded NVQ2 without OSAT or the need to pay ££££s he has forgotten more about tiling than some people will ever learn. Sorry I must have my grumpy head on tonight.:thumbsup:

Would he have a city and guilds that covers him for that phil..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Would he have a city and guilds that covers him for that phil..

Sorry Mark just catching up, no Steve served his time at the same firm as me. But a few years behind, the college I did my City & Guilds at had stopped doing wall & floor tiling by the time Steve should have attended.

T

The D

phil get him to do a bit of part time teaching at one of thecolleges and his fees for his NVQ will be£0.00 also there is nothing stopping him doing NVQ3

Reply to how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen