Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

White Room

My mate Ozboz (aka) as Steve has been tile for forty years, he has worked in the UK and Australia, on every type of project imaginable. Yet he has to fork out £800.00 plus for a NVQ level 2, he should have at least level 3 given his experience. It seems strange that someone with a fraction of his knowledge maybe assessing him. He was showing me today the criteria (units) required for NVQ level 2.

As I sit on the TTA fixer training committee, I am aware the these units are being reviewed, I know grandfather rights have gone, but I do think that people of Steve's caliber should just be awarded NVQ2 without OSAT or the need to pay ££££s he has forgotten more about tile than some people will ever learn. Sorry I must have my grumpy head on tonight.:thumbsup:

Would he have a city and guilds that covers him for that phil..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Would he have a city and guilds that covers him for that phil..

Sorry Mark just catching up, no Steve served his time at the same firm as me. But a few years behind, the college I did my City & Guilds at had stopped doing wall & floor tile by the time Steve should have attended.

T

The D

phil get him to do a bit of part time teaching at one of thecolleges and his fees for his NVQ will be£0.00 also there is nothing stopping him doing NVQ3

W

White Room

Sorry Mark just catching up, no Steve served his time at the same firm as me. But a few years behind, the college I did my City & Guilds at had stopped doing wall & floor tile by the time Steve should have attended.

Thats a shame, he's more deserved then most..

phil get him to do a bit of part time teaching at one of thecolleges and his fees for his NVQ will be£0.00 also there is nothing stopping him doing NVQ3

I knew a heating engineer that done teaching and he had to have his qualification and had to attend a course on how to teach...

P

paul flight

hi dave you can get an experianced trademan red card for a year if you have done your H & S test . this gives you time to get tested . which can be done on site but costs. !!!!

J

jpservices

Just done my CSCS card, the course run by the local collage, you have to do min 15 hours study time and they let you take the test on there computers. the test on the exam is the same, so its very hard (To Fail) well if you fail you should not be on site....... really its worth doing. im talking with the collage to see if my trade can be added to my card sounds like the want to send a rep down to view my standard of work to be added as tradesman. will post more info when i know more

M

Mike

Just done my CSCS card, the course run by the local collage, you have to do min 15 hours study time and they let you take the test on there computers. the test on the exam is the same, so its very hard (To Fail) well if you fail you should not be on site....... really its worth doing. im talking with the collage to see if my trade can be added to my card sounds like the want to send a rep down to view my standard of work to be added as tradesman. will post more info when i know more
which test did you take? the h&s test or the nvq 2 floor and wall tiler? if you've passed the nvq2 you just need to get in touch with construction skills to update/apply for your skilled tradesman card. if it's just the h&s test you've done this would qualify you for a labourers cscs card which you may be able to upgrade to a temporary (1 year) skilled card provided you can prove you're an experienced tiler. you must then pass your nvq 2 to renew the card

P

Pro-spec

I have a gold 1
icon11.png

Reaction score
It all seems a bit of a cash cow if you ask me, I seriously looked into getting mine through the experienced worker route a couple of years ago. I wanted to do it all properly and carry the card with pride but then I was offered a card for £200 "no questions asked". . . . at that point I thought I'd keep my money in my pocket and not bother with a card at all.

So far I have never been asked for one, never lost a job for lack of one and don't do the big commercial sites so it doesn't seem to matter.

Reply to how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock