Discuss how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

Chatting to a guy on a large house refurb and his nephew has failed the CSCS test four times :dunce2:

W

william_cee

i just got mines through last month , this my 1st time having one in the 10 years I have been on sites i was always that guy that got away with it lol .. my new card has wall and floor tiler svq level 3 on the back of it and its gold in colour ... apparently there is another card after this one you can sit a further test for with the same svq or nvq that its black in colour ... its for a supervisory and management but under cscs rules you only hold one at any given time.. The gold one goes nicely with my manual handling certificate and 1st aid certificate tho .. The site agents tend to give ya peace if they know yer a 1st aid man that's prob the only reason why I had got away without having one for so long lol ...

afright

TF
Reaction score
At my age I have no intention of getting one I have done years of site work and do not intend to do any more rather stick to domestic work.

R

Rossymcg

i just got mines through last month , this my 1st time having one in the 10 years I have been on sites i was always that guy that got away with it lol .. my new card has wall and floor tiler svq level 3 on the back of it and its gold in colour ... apparently there is another card after this one you can sit a further test for with the same svq or nvq that its black in colour ... its for a supervisory and management but under cscs rules you only hold one at any given time.. The gold one goes nicely with my manual handling certificate and 1st aid certificate tho .. The site agents tend to give ya peace if they know yer a 1st aid man that's prob the only reason why I had got away without having one for so long lol ...

The black one isn't easy to get, you have to show evidence of being in supervisory roll, ie understanding of health and safety welfare etc what situations you've been supervising in,
Better off doing the ssst course if a construction company requests a qualified supervisor on site,
All my labour has to have cscs cards, some if the older chaps just get a site operatives card,

M

Max@ableskills

Been meaning to post this for a while now.
Check out the link below for details of changes to the CSCSscheme.
http://www.cscs.uk.com/news/cscs-raises-standards
Basically the route to the site operatives card (green) willcease to exist and will be replaced by a labourers card (which is also green).
After July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2014 any tiler looking to gain aCSCS card who does not have an NVQ in wall and floor tiling will be affectedwhen they try to renew their existing card.
If you don't have an NVQ in wall and floor tiling and needto renew your card then from July 1st 2014 you will need to complete the cscshealth and safety test and complete a health and safety course (which atthe moment looks like being approx 40 guided learning hours).
The awarding bodies (city and guilds, c.i.t.b and others)are creating the new course which will come into effect from July 1st 2014.
As of July 2014 Able skills will be delivering the new healthand safety course along with the current cscs test.
If you already have an NVQ at level 2 (or higher) in walland floor tiling then when your card expires you can just take the cscs testand renew your card as now.
This change is aimed at workers without NVQs.
If you are interested in gaining an NVQ in wall and floortiling or various other construction trades via the experienced worker route(EWPA) or onsite assessment and training route (OSAT) please check out ourwebsite or call on 01322280202.

S

Stef

Been meaning to post this for a while now.
Check out the link below for details of changes to the CSCSscheme.
http://www.cscs.uk.com/news/cscs-raises-standards
Basically the route to the site operatives card (green) willcease to exist and will be replaced by a labourers card (which is also green).
After July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2014 any tiler looking to gain aCSCS card who does not have an NVQ in wall and floor tiling will be affectedwhen they try to renew their existing card.
If you don't have an NVQ in wall and floor tiling and needto renew your card then from July 1st 2014 you will need to complete the cscshealth and safety test and complete a health and safety course (which atthe moment looks like being approx 40 guided learning hours).
The awarding bodies (city and guilds, c.i.t.b and others)are creating the new course which will come into effect from July 1st 2014.
As of July 2014 Able skills will be delivering the new healthand safety course along with the current cscs test.
If you already have an NVQ at level 2 (or higher) in walland floor tiling then when your card expires you can just take the cscs testand renew your card as now.
This change is aimed at workers without NVQs.
If you are interested in gaining an NVQ in wall and floortiling or various other construction trades via the experienced worker route(EWPA) or onsite assessment and training route (OSAT) please check out ourwebsite or call on 01322280202.

So in theory someone like the older time served Tilers on here will need to sit for 40hrs & be guided in wall & floor tiling where as a newbie could come through a course & get a cscs card straight away??
I'm self taught so I'm in neither camp
Another money making scheme to line someone's pockets for no reason.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
No, as i undersrand it , you can organise on site assesment for someone, who's probably been tiling for less time than you , will tell you You can tile and charge you £800 for the privelidge.

Diggy. :)

afright

TF
Reaction score
How long do you train to become a tiler on those NVQ I did an Apprenticeship for three years is it the same amount of time ? also I wont be getting cscs card happy just to do domestic.

P

prceramics

passed the test last month have not bothered sending off for the card yet, if you are doing the test download the app its loads cheaper than the revision books

Reply to how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks