Search the forum,

Discuss Heavily scratched 'just laid' porcelain floor...advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

j8yba

Thanks, well the B&Q duty manager is back in today, so im going down there to see what she's done since i spoke to her on Tuesday. I think ill take a tile down there with me and try the heels method.

Relatively speaking, this whole floor so far has cost me nearly £3000.

S

steeeevo

I bet you are WORD REMOVED at the moment then, im laying this romsay 500 x 500 tile in the next month, i will defo do the face to face check and see if there bowed. it does seem down to luck if you get a good tile or a bad tile from b&q after all the reading i have done about this tile

just think it would have cost you £10,000 if you bought a better quality tile, then you would have had no problems though

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

Just a hint to tilers.When mixing large or small polished porc try to stack them shinny side to shinney and back to back when stacking them (like they do in some of the boxes) there is less chance of damaging the surface this way

just a thought

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

easyest way to remove wax off these tiles that i have found is to throw a hand full of grout powder on to the floor rub with a dry cloth the dry powder sticks to the wax the cloth takes the powder off leaving a clean tile whith no need for exspensive time comsuming removers job done:drool5:

D

Discount Tile Supplies

You get what you pay for guys. B&Q want porcelain tiles for ceramic money. Good polished porcelain tiles will not scratch like that before or after fixing.

M

matami03

Hi there - new to here , as exactly the same thing has happened to me .. had 500 x500 B&Q black romsey tiles laid in my living room last week. Experienced tiler laid them, and when he had grouted they looked lovely. No-one entered the room that evening and the next morning the scratches that are shown on your photo's were all over the tiles . I was devastated, tiler was totally baffled, but agreed to grind out and relay 12 tiles (all I had left) and no-more in black in store. When all finished it look ok, but floor is still heavily mark. Have complined to four different departments and am getting nowhere with B&Q. Each person I speak to says sometime different, even though it says on the box pre-sealed , one manager said we should of clean and sealed before fixing and sealed afterwards and that is our fault ! We saved hard to buy tiles and pay tiler and I am so upset and frustrated, what should of been the focal part of my home - looks awful.
Have you had any joy from B&Q ? Does anyone have any views on why this has happened to the tiles - the flooring manager told us when we bought them that they were hard wearing tiles (although a bugger to clean !)

M

matami03

All the tiles left were scratch free, as were the orginal tiles that went down. The white scratches did not appear till the next day..so weird but the whole floor has more and more of these white marks and we are only walking on it in socks !

J

jay

any chance of some pics sounds strange are you sure there is no wax on them

Try a bit of metho on a rag on a tile in a not so noticeable place on the floor see if the scratches rub off or get a razor blade and glide it over the tile and see if any residue builds up on the blade

Last edited by a moderator:
M

matami03

will try that and see what happens , haven't got camera here at mo but will try to do some later , but the scratches are exactly the same as the photos posted on this thread.

Reply to Heavily scratched 'just laid' porcelain floor...advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen