Discuss gyvlon screed in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
doing 400m2 tiling onto gyvlon screed, this is the addy we will be using
broken link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paul flight

that addy does not look to great . who maks it?? 25 kg as well ?? prob rebaged import??

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

have seen this before.This adhesive is recommended ( I think ) by some anhydrirte manufacturers. Ensure you use primer as specified.
In theory you should have less problems because it is gypsum based.
i nearly used on one job,but went for Bal option.
40 sq m,anhydrite over wet UFH.
Gave customer my 25 year Bal backed guarantee.

D

DHTiling

GBTA is perfect for gyvlon screeds...it is around £26 a bag and you can get the primer there as well if needed...

You do need to make sure the screed is clean and sanded to remove any surface contamination if the LL version was used.. this needs to be confirmed as the other versions will have a laitence on the surface of about 0.5mm and this needs to be removed before priming/tiling can commence.

You do need to find out the installation date and make sure the screed is dry...

A hair hygrometer will tell you the percentage of moisture within the screed and this needs to be as best to 0.5%..

But yes GBTA is the one if you want to go the gypsum adhesive route.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Gettin there Dave......gettin there.

Paul.....how on earth can you judge if the addy looks "not great" from a picture????

I have seen no failures on anhydrite where this and one other gypsum addy have been used. Additionally where in France we recomend it it has decimated the number of tile delam issues we see.

Not saying other systems don't work.....clearly if everything is done perfectly they do. Simple fact is though the more compatibility there is between products the fewer failures you will see.

The gyspum based addy's can generally be used whilst the screed is still relatively wet (85% RH)

T

Time's Ran Out

You've got 400sqm to do - they advise only mixing 2sqm per batch and fixing with a 3mm bed screed.
Sounds interesting - hope the floor is flat!

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
the addy arrived on site today wjill start laying monday , we all so got primer from them , have sanded and primed 2 floors ready for monday.
i noticed on the bag it says only mix enough for 2 m2 surly this is aimed at the diy,tilers , i hope so

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
You've got 400sqm to do - they advise only mixing 2sqm per batch and fixing with a 3mm bed screed.
Sounds interesting - hope the floor is flat!

the floors are very flat ,as to mixing 2sqm per batch surly thats not right , i know it says that , but thought it might be for diy tilers

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
Gettin there Dave......gettin there.

Paul.....how on earth can you judge if the addy looks "not great" from a picture????

I have seen no failures on anhydrite where this and one other gypsum addy have been used. Additionally where in France we recomend it it has decimated the number of tile delam issues we see.

Not saying other systems don't work.....clearly if everything is done perfectly they do. Simple fact is though the more compatibility there is between products the fewer failures you will see.

The gyspum based addy's can generally be used whilst the screed is still relatively wet (85% RH)
we have just had the floors tested 85% rh is the reading we got

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
its 400m2 in ten different rooms it will be going down quicker than 2sqm mixes. or its going back

When are you going to start tiling?

Reply to gyvlon screed in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks