Search the forum,

Discuss gyvlon screed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
doing 400m2 tiling onto gyvlon screed, this is the addy we will be using
broken link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paul flight

that addy does not look to great . who maks it?? 25 kg as well ?? prob rebaged import??

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

have seen this before.This adhesive is recommended ( I think ) by some anhydrirte manufacturers. Ensure you use primer as specified.
In theory you should have less problems because it is gypsum based.
i nearly used on one job,but went for Bal option.
40 sq m,anhydrite over wet UFH.
Gave customer my 25 year Bal backed guarantee.

D

DHTiling

GBTA is perfect for gyvlon screeds...it is around £26 a bag and you can get the primer there as well if needed...

You do need to make sure the screed is clean and sanded to remove any surface contamination if the LL version was used.. this needs to be confirmed as the other versions will have a laitence on the surface of about 0.5mm and this needs to be removed before priming/tiling can commence.

You do need to find out the installation date and make sure the screed is dry...

A hair hygrometer will tell you the percentage of moisture within the screed and this needs to be as best to 0.5%..

But yes GBTA is the one if you want to go the gypsum adhesive route.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Gettin there Dave......gettin there.

Paul.....how on earth can you judge if the addy looks "not great" from a picture????

I have seen no failures on anhydrite where this and one other gypsum addy have been used. Additionally where in France we recomend it it has decimated the number of tile delam issues we see.

Not saying other systems don't work.....clearly if everything is done perfectly they do. Simple fact is though the more compatibility there is between products the fewer failures you will see.

The gyspum based addy's can generally be used whilst the screed is still relatively wet (85% RH)

T

Time's Ran Out

You've got 400sqm to do - they advise only mixing 2sqm per batch and fixing with a 3mm bed screed.
Sounds interesting - hope the floor is flat!

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
the addy arrived on site today wjill start laying monday , we all so got primer from them , have sanded and primed 2 floors ready for monday.
i noticed on the bag it says only mix enough for 2 m2 surly this is aimed at the diy,tilers , i hope so

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
You've got 400sqm to do - they advise only mixing 2sqm per batch and fixing with a 3mm bed screed.
Sounds interesting - hope the floor is flat!

the floors are very flat ,as to mixing 2sqm per batch surly thats not right , i know it says that , but thought it might be for diy tilers

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
Gettin there Dave......gettin there.

Paul.....how on earth can you judge if the addy looks "not great" from a picture????

I have seen no failures on anhydrite where this and one other gypsum addy have been used. Additionally where in France we recomend it it has decimated the number of tile delam issues we see.

Not saying other systems don't work.....clearly if everything is done perfectly they do. Simple fact is though the more compatibility there is between products the fewer failures you will see.

The gyspum based addy's can generally be used whilst the screed is still relatively wet (85% RH)
we have just had the floors tested 85% rh is the reading we got

Reply to gyvlon screed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen