Search the forum,

Discuss Gulf Stone Quartz Tile -10mm Or 12mm And Type Of Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Panteli

thanks for all your advice everyone.

Just a final question on the Primer on the existing concrete floor. Seen many different brands, which of the following do you recommend? Not do bothered about the cost, just looking for the best primer.

Thanks

• Silka SBR + Waterproof Bonding Agent
  • Bal Primer
  • Bal Bond SBR
  • Mapei Eco Prim T
  • Mapei Primer G
  • Tilemaster Primeplus
  • Weber PR360

P

Paul Panteli

Hi,

We removed the original Quartz tiles (300x300) yesterday and noticed that there was some remaining Bitumen on the floor - seems like it was attempted to be removed by the previous owners, but some still remaining.

Also when laying down the new 600x600 quartz tiles to see how the look, the floor seems slightly uneven in certain areas (concrete floor)

Clearly we wont lay them down until the floor is level.

Going to be using Mapei Keraquick two part to install these tiles.

Looking for some advice please.

1) Should I prime the floor first, with say Mapei Eco Prim grip, then use SLC and then prime again before laying the tiles?

2) Which SLC do you recommend?

3) Going to use Mapei Kerapoxy grout, however when reading a number of posts on this forum, a number of people have said that it can be quite hazardous to use. Is this correct.

Appreciate your hep.

S

Stef

Hi,

We removed the original Quartz tiles (300x300) yesterday and noticed that there was some remaining Bitumen on the floor - seems like it was attempted to be removed by the previous owners, but some still remaining.

Also when laying down the new 600x600 quartz tiles to see how the look, the floor seems slightly uneven in certain areas (concrete floor)

Clearly we wont lay them down until the floor is level.

Going to be using Mapei Keraquick two part to install these tiles.

Looking for some advice please.

1) Should I prime the floor first, with say Mapei Eco Prim grip, then use SLC and then prime again before laying the tiles?

2) Which SLC do you recommend?

3) Going to use Mapei Kerapoxy grout, however when reading a number of posts on this forum, a number of people have said that it can be quite hazardous to use. Is this correct.

Appreciate your hep.
Yes, Eco prim grip the floor then use Mapei Ultraplan Eco for your slc, it flows really well as it takes almost 6ltr of water to a 23kg bag.
I've always stayed clear of epoxy grout, never needed it for any jobs so haven't used it.

P

Paul Panteli

Thanks Stef.

Only reason i was looking at the Epoxy was that it wont stain easily in the kitchen. What do you suggest as an alternative?

E

ExplodingPudding

Stay away from water. Gulfstone tiles hate the stuff. Try and use polymer additives instead.

Reply to Gulf Stone Quartz Tile -10mm Or 12mm And Type Of Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen