Search the forum,

Discuss Gulf Stone Quartz Tile -10mm Or 12mm And Type Of Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Panteli

Hi,

New member on here.

Looking to get our kitchen floor changed. We want to use the Gulf Stone (Stardust) Quartz in black (600 x 600) and have spent days reading how many different version there are in the market - China, Turkey, Spain and Oman. Also there are two different thickness sizes 10mm & 12mm.

I contacted Star Tek who advise are the sole distributors for Gulf Stone tiles from Oman to the UK and they confirmed that there products are all 10mm thick. Have seen other online retailers sell the same type of tile as 12mm.

I would guess the thicker the better but we are looking to find the best quality tile and keep reading that the Gulf (Oman) are the best but yet there size are only 10mm thick - has anyone purchased these before? any issues? or thoughts on this.

Also, looking to get the strongest grout possible, as the kitchen floor will always get dirty. Read on the forum that Epoxy grout is really good? any thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Paul

D

Dan172

Hey bud, we sell them. The ones from the Gulf of Oman. I just measure them for you, the ones we have are just 10mm thick. I don't think they do a 12mm one. Well not to my knowledge. Any more questions just ask. I hope this helps :)

P

Paul Panteli

Thanks for reply. Are you able to send a picture of the packaging (front and back) please.

J

J Sid

Gulf Stone are what I would recommend.
Are you fixing them yourself?

What is the substrate you are fixing to and what adhesive do you plan to you for fixing?

Any of the top brands are suitable for you kitchen floor, epoxy is not really necessary.

P

Paul Panteli

A friend of mine will be fixing them. Been told to use the Ultimate S2 adhesive? any good for this? Going on a cement floor.

The kitchen already has quartz tiles (300 x 300) in beige - these were there when we purchased the house. They measure at 12mm - not sure where they are from though.

Why would the Gulf tiles be thinner then the rest?

On the grout, looking for something that will not absorb liquids if any spills on the floor - which was why people suggested Expoxy?

Reaction score
Id have no problems recommending Ultimate S2 for gulfstone, we do daily.

heres what it says on the box

gulfstone 2.JPG gulfstone 1.jpg

P

Paul Panteli

Thanks for the photos Lee. Just ordered some from you now to test and see what they are like.

Do you recommend sealing the tile before grouting? i know that the gulfstone say that they are sealed already but do you suggest doing these again?

S

Stef

Gulf stone are the only quartz I will fit.
I have always fitted them with an S1 addy & never ever had a problem.
The ultimate Lee talks about is one of the best adhesives on the market.
I got asked from my local tile giant to test Mapei granirapid 2 part addy & I will never use it again, horrible stuff.

Reply to Gulf Stone Quartz Tile -10mm Or 12mm And Type Of Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen