Search the forum,

Discuss Good tile retailers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clanger

Hi

New to this website as better at tiling than i am using a computer. just wanted to recommend a company i regularly use whose service is second to none. They are called Tile Clearing House and have about 50 stores nationwide and are expanding at the moment around the London area (from what the staff have been telling me)

I regularly use the stores in Orpington, Kent and Charlton who both have some very helpful and reliable staff who will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you want. I've been tiling for 20 years and only now feel i've found a trade counter that i can always rely on. They sell some good basic tiles and their natural stone is a lot cheaper than other tile retailers/trade centres i've used in the past. Their adhesive/grout range is also great with some great trade prices. Worth a try if you haven't used them. I'm glad i was recommended them 2 years ago as i've never had any problems with them since i started using them.

Somerset
In my area (Bristol and Bath) Tile Flair stand out as being very "trade friendly" with very competitive prices on BAL, and Tilemaster Adhesives. The staff are generally excellent, and it is extremely rare for **** ups with ordering.

Bristol Tile (now in St George Bristol) are also excellent with a wider range of adhesives and ancillaries. Collinsons Tiles (St Phillips Bristol) are another excellent source especially for stocking tiles that others don't, as are Avondale Ceramics in Longwell Green, Bristol (next door to Tileflair lol).

Best for cut price equipment (without buying online) are CTD, but they are not most accessible for me.

Independent tile retailers tend to be expensive, and not really "trade friendly." I have been caught out several times, running out of adhesives/grout/silicone in out of the way places and been charged retail prices masquerading as trade prices by the local independent. I accept they are in a difficult market, but they never get repeat trade from me after I feel I have been ripped off.

A final creditable mention for the nationals; Topps, Tile Giant and CTD. Not always the cheapest, but (I work a 50 mile radius) they have bailed me out of some sticky issues when its worth the extra 10 miles to their shop to get their trade deal rather than using the local independent.

But at the end of the day, when I am supplying the adhesive and grout, I try and stock well up at Tile Flair, and keep a ready stock of coloured grouts (why do people struggle to decide the colour until the morning of grouting?) and a few bags of adhesives and levellers.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
I served my apprenticeship under Dave at Global Tiles Ltd (Mochdre N. Wales) 20 years or so ago. Back then it was the two of us and a 30 year old landrover. Dave decided to expand the business on the toss of a sixpence. They're now one of N. Wales largest suppliers selling tiles, bathrooms, kitchens etc and even have an in-house interior designer! At the heart of it tho still very trade friendly. In Liverpool where I'm based now, E.G. or Tile World both good independents. I try to avoid the nationals, keep the money spent local. Essay over!

Reply to Good tile retailers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Mapei Academy Mapei UK Free Tiling Courses Practical or Online The ceramic course covers the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.