Search the forum,

Discuss Fun project coming up - bit of advise needed in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

I didn't get paid anything. Well, actually, thats kinda not true. He ordered Pizza on Saturday night. Good 'ol Dominos Mighty Meaty, none of this real Italian quattro staggioni muck! ;)

not right me charging for anything at this stage. If anything, I should be paying him for letting me have a go. That cut was slowing going, but it didn't take me an hour. probably about 15 minutes to have it templated and cut. As @3_fall and @Andy Allen pointed out, there is room for improvement with the right gear and maybe a few extra minutes getting it closer

Anyway all got finished last night. Siliconed the lot as a finishing touch, which covered all the jagged edges.

BUT.... My siliconing ability needs improvement. Put it on a bit too thick so it left the tram lines either side of the bead when I did the finger-finish. Had to wait for it to dry so that I could trim it back...... and now after all that, he's told me he wants to change it to white. But this is probably may fault for leaving a bold heavy medium grey bead but he said he made a bad colour choice and would have liked it better white to match the skirting.

I'd probably say I'm 90% happy with it. the 10% markdown is for one tile that dips below the height of the rest, by 1-2mm at one end (hard to tell because of where it is). I ran out of the clips and didn't notice it until it came to grouting. My excuse is it was in a very awkward corner next to the loo and maybe the angle of the trowel wasn't right. And the siliconing. Asked him if he'd be happy for me to go back and fix both issues. He said yes if I really wanted to, but was happy to leave it as it is and he'd live with the grey bead. Him being happy must count for something but I won't sleep until I know I've done everything the best that I can.
if eating pizza margherita, everything was better !! ;)
paul is fine, too well,

W

WetSaw

Forget your finger for silicone get some of these and it'll make it a lot neater.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WetSaw

No, it's called a hyperlink;) Move your mouse over the word "these" and magic happens....

ps. I've made it a bit clearer now:rolleyes:

W

WetSaw

Time for a new phone...

hqdefault.jpg

Reply to Fun project coming up - bit of advise needed in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen