Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss First tiling job after my course with UKPTT in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Get yourself a laser, easiest thing in the world to ping up the wall and see if its plumb...infact I'd go so far as to say its an essential piece of kit
I have one, used it for my datum when I was setting out.. I’ll have to have a look tomorrow as I might have effed up

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
...with a vertical and horizontal line?
Horizontal datum to mark the heights of all obstructions to see where I want to start tiling (vertically). I put my level on the wall and it looks ok, I think I’ve just messed up my my brick formation but will double check tomorrow.. either way I can’t do mymuch about it now other than learn from the experience :eek:

S

Spare Tool

Horizontal datum to mark the heights of all obstructions to see where I want to start tiling (vertically). I put my level on the wall and it looks ok, I think I’ve just messed up my my brick formation but will double check tomorrow.. either way I can’t do mymuch about it now other than learn from the experience :eek:
Yeah too late now, need to make more use of your laser, if you'd have seen the wall was falling back could have taken ten mill off the bottom rows and finished at a full tile at the ceiling...not being condescending at all, just use the tools to there full potential ;)

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yeah too late now, need to make more use of your laser, if you'd have seen the wall was falling back could have taken ten mill off the bottom rows and finished at a full tile at the ceiling...not being condescending at all, just use the tools to there full potential ;)
Mate not taken badly at all, thanks for the tip. I’ll be using the laser a lot more now believe me :D

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Mate, I used your tip on the internal corner of the bath and it worked a treat :) thanks so much!!!

Reply to First tiling job after my course with UKPTT in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks