Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout on a large floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Hello every1, Iv only just joined this forum and this is my first post.
I have a 49m floor to do in 400x400 porcelain and the customer has asked for epoxy grout.Iv been a tiler for a long time so am experienced with normal grouts but have never used epoxy before so and advice would be great.
Thanx

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Welcome to tilersforums.com Dylante. Thanks for introducing yourself.

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome.....modern epoxy grouts are fine to work with...

An emulsifying pad and sponge and warm water...just follow the instructions on the tub and it will be fine..work im small area's to help clean up easier.:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

From my limited experience with the modern epoxies i think you wil be fine as long as you work in small areas. On a recent day at Mapei i tried the epoxy glitter grout and it was amazingly easy to use and to wash off. Mapei would be my 1st choice.
Years ago Epoxy was a nightmare, times have changed.

R

Rob Z

Hi Dylante

One nice thing about epoxy grouts is that you can do as little or as much as you care to do one day, and come back the next and the color match will be right on from batch to batch. If you are doing this large floor by yourself, then you can mix up small units and keep manageable amounts on the floor. If you have help, you can organize the crew so the work flows smoothly and to maximize production.

Do you have epxoy grout floats?

Also, keep the work area clean. We put a wet towel down at the entrance to the room and wipe our feet as we come in. I came after a job one time where the guys that did the floor tracked dirt into the room and it set into the epoxy in the joints and into the haze they left on the floor:yikes:.

U

user123

Got some mapei glitter epoxy not long ago,and made up a little sample to practise with using very acurate scales. Very easy to use, much easier than expected, will use it frequently now. Main thing with all epoxies seems to be the acurate measuring of compounds. :thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

Hi Dylante, welcome to the forum, is the customer paying for materials. I wouldn't like to calculate how much you will need

R

Rich

Thank you very much!! I am using Mapei (I always do) and there are two of us doing it so one will grout and the other can go behind and wash off. We already have the grout but dont have the epoxy grout floats, is it a good idea to get a couple or will normal floats be ok? Thank you all for your advice, Il be using this site a lot in the future I think.
P.S Nice idea about the wet rag in the door way Im going to be trying that one. :thumbsup:

Reply to Epoxy grout on a large floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen