Discuss Grout Choice - Fugabella, Bal Absolute, Flowpoint?! in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help.

We're having 20mm 400x600 porcelain tiles (which look more like sandstone- riven surface and edges etc) installed into a summerhouse (36sqm). It'll be used as a shed, gym, play room etc - so it'll see some abuse!

I was looking at non porus/impermeable solutions..so I could wipe the joints as I clean the tiles.

Flowpoint - looks great, but not sure how you'd use in a room you can't hose off!
Bal Absolute Epoxy - looks like it's one of these new epoxy grouts, could work?
Fugabella - Also looks non permiable - and just like normal grout?

When the tiles were installed for our patio and path they used some of this brush in stuff - which was a lovely buff/sand colour, being porous it's now a sort of mud colour, so, keen not to repeat and use something porous like this.

Any thoughts/recommendations much appreciated - the fit out is happening now so I need to make a decision quickly!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tom, looks like that's a waterproof one. Is that thought of as better than the Fugabella? - That's my current front runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tom, looks like that's a waterproof one. Is that thought of as better than the Fugabella? - That's my current front runner
The consistency is different. The FL Ardex is a gritty, heavy grout which is perfect for deep/wide joints on floors. Fugabella is a very decent grout, but it’s got a fine consistency so can shrink or sink with a deep/wide joint. Finer grouts can also leave wash marks caused by the sponge when washing.
Ardex and Fugabella are my two favourite grout brands to use… so you’re on the right track 👍🏻

Reaction score
Thanks, that's great. From looking at videos it looked almost like Fugabella dries more like a silicon - i.e. with a plastic type of finish which you could wipe clean, but the Ardex more like a conventional grout?

These are the tiles with their fettled edges: Romeli Porcelain Paving - https://www.bradstone.com/romeli/ The Flowpoint would look decent, but can't exactly use that in a room with newly plastered walls!

Bit of a side point I suppose, but can grout be 'topped up' - if say it did shrink in a couple of places could a DIYer just mix up a small batch and add some to a couple of existing joints, or does it not work like that?!

Reply to Grout Choice - Fugabella, Bal Absolute, Flowpoint?! in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks