Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hi davy.tilemarket on boucher road i think stock laticrete epoxy grouts and laticrete have actually set up in there with an office.i net the guy in newry and is keen to promote the adhesives and grouts so dont be afraid to go in and introduce yourself and tell him you want to try it.he WILL give you a good price or a bag for nothing id say.i got 2 bags superflex addy and a permacolour grout of him in newry on a promotion night. Damn good stuff.

D

davy_G

Cheers Joe,
I prefer the Bangor TM as i cant be bothered with the traffic on the Boucher road. I will call Bangor first to see if any of the lemmings know what epoxy is though!

Will call into Boucher sometime im passing, got a nice kitchen floor coming up off the Malone road. Waiting on the kitchen fitters to get the old kitchen out first....

David Scott tiles, expensive$$$$$$$:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Kerapoxy is spot on:thumbsup: and as Dan says Easypoxy is NOT easy at all:thumbsdown:

The best and easiest I've ever used was Laticrete - it was a 3 part product not sure of its name as it was about 15 years ago, but a doddle to use all the same:thumbsup:

No problems with the UFH at all:smilewinkgrin:

Just make sure you get some scotch pads and doodlebug holder for emulsifying the grout and thinners for cleaning your tools:thumbsup:

The air temperature plays a massive part in the installation of the epoxy as well:thumbsup:

Last edited:
R

Rob Z

Kerapoxy is spot on:thumbsup: and as Dan says Easypoxy is NOT easy at all:thumbsdown:

The best and easiest I've ever used was Laticrete - it was a 3 part product not sure of its name as it was about 15 years ago, but a doddle to use all the same:thumbsup:

No problems with the UFH at all:smilewinkgrin:

Just make sure you get some scotch pads and doodlebug holder for emulsifying the grout and thinners for cleaning your tools:thumbsup:

The air temperature plays a massive part in the installation of the epoxy as well:thumbsup:

Merle,was it SP100 that you used?:thumbsup:

H

hillhead

I was at the laticrete demo night near me a couple of months ago and seen a demo of the epoxy grout! Extremely easy to work with.expensive but brilliant..even laticretes grout dont loose colour! And are guaranteed to hold consistant colour! I have a bag of white permacolour but haven't used it yet.too many floors.lol.a sponge and bucket of water cleaned the epoxy off! Unreal.

Reaction score
Found this link for a Mapei epoxy in the states

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYCPZFPIqsE]YouTube - MAPEI OPTICOLOR GROUT APPLICATION DEMO[/ame]

Do you know much about this one Rob? might be that it's just the same grout as what we call Kerapoxy over here :smilewinkgrin:

Found this one for Laticrete product as well:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-0CYcXgb6s[/ame]

Last edited:
R

Rob Z

I know it was 'SP' something or other - i thought it was SP200 or 250, but like I said it was years ago, so it might have been SP100, excellent stuff nonetheless:thumbsup: incredibly easy to wash off:hurray:

Merle,

I know that Laticrete uses different numbers for the same products that are sold outside of the US and Canada. They might have renamed SP100 as SP (some other #). SP100 is still sold overseas, although it is hard to get here. Spectralock has essentially replaced it nationwide.

Reply to Epoxy advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen