Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

After posting on another thread I thought i would start my own to get some advice.
Now, I have never used epoxy but will be tiling my own extension kitchen/diner and back hall this year. Being a farmhouse and with patio doors and the back door (the main door for the house) I would like to use epoxy to stop the grout getting grubby over time.

So whats the difference in cost over regular flexi grout.
Oh, some of it will have UFH....any issues there?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

D

diamondtiling

Lots of difference in cost Dave, last time I bought some it was in the region of £80 for 5 kilos if I remember right. Its 100% waterproof and I find it easy to use if you have the correct sponges. As for UFH I dont really know, never used it in those situations mate although it is heat resistant up to very high temperatures.

:thumbsup:

P

Peter

Last time I used epoxy, a few years ago, I think it was out of Frackletons. Not sure of the price but would be worth giving them a ring. Theirs would most likely be Bal so probably at the dearer end of things.

D

davy_G

Last time I used epoxy, a few years ago, I think it was out of Frackletons. Not sure of the price but would be worth giving them a ring. Theirs would most likely be Bal so probably at the dearer end of things.

Cheers Wingn, im not saying its a blank cheque but as its for my own pad I dont mind getting decent gear and paying for it. Im sure i can negotiate some discount:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's fine with UFH. BAL "Easypoxy" isn't easy at all! I'd use a Mapei one that is easier, but still a bit of a maul.

It does cost quite a bit more, you being trade should help get it down a bit compared to the scary retail prices of it, but it's still not cheap.

It is brilliant stuff once down though. And I think it looks neater than normal grout too as it sort of looks like silicone once it's set. Has a bit of a smooth sheen to it. (You probably know what it looks like).

I'd go for it in my own heavy traffic areas. I don't think I'd do walls in it in a kitchen though, but a wetroom I'd definitely consider it as it's one extra layer that's waterproof - that said I'd still tank etc but you know you're protecting the tanking even if you use epoxy.

P

Peter

Cheers Wingn, im not saying its a blank cheque but as its for my own pad I dont mind getting decent gear and paying for it. Im sure i can negotiate some discount:thumbsup:

If you go in in your work clothes you should get a few quid off. Can ask in Huttons on Monday for you if you like, they give 40-70% discount depending on what it is.

D

davy_G

If you go in in your work clothes you should get a few quid off. Can ask in Huttons on Monday for you if you like, they give 40-70% discount depending on what it is.

I usually get my gear at Mccalls or through a contact at Larsons. Mccalls stock Dunlop and Ardex so I will price them, dont think larsons do epoxy!

Sure ask next time your in and see. Thanks!

T

tfs

mapei kerapoxy is approx £40 per 3kg tub. The 3kg tub could grout anything between 8 - 10 sqm with a 300x600 tile.

D

davy_G

mapei kerapoxy is approx £40 per 3kg tub. The 3kg tub could grout anything between 8 - 10 sqm with a 300x600 tile.

This could add up. 55m2 to do, 45x45.

But as its for myself it will be worth it! Thanks for all the help folks!:thumbsup:

Reply to Epoxy advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen