Currently reading:
Encaustic look a like job.

Discuss Encaustic look a like job. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Just a hallway I just tiled in an imitation encaustic looking tile from CTD.

Rather busy on the eyes installing but the end result had the customer buzzing...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Beautiful floor Dave, I think it's stunnig.
I did a small bathroom floor with tiles the client imported herself cos she wouldn't pay the prices here. She sat up all night in an adjoining room laying it out so that it would appear random. She didn't want the more traditional 'carpet runs'
i took a lot of photos of her design, didn't dare make a mistake :smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 76

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Beautiful floor Dave, I think it's stunnig.
I did a small bathroom floor with tiles the client imported herself cos she wouldn't pay the prices here. She sat up all night in an adjoining room laying it out so that it would appear random. She didn't want the more traditional 'carpet runs'
i took a lot of photos of her design, didn't dare make a mistake :smilewinkgrin:

Now those I like... :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I really like it, especially with it being monotone given the rest of the scheme.

But just feel too many are jumping on the band wagon. For christ sake one of my local boozers has just had it done and that's a real spit and sawdust type of place, once they've done it you know you're in trouble!

I've not seen the CTD version but I haven't seen any 'fakes' that have really pulled it off yet, you can normally tell they're fakes from 100 yards.

But if it does date quickly then they shouldn't have much trouble pulling them up, Heinz Mayo wouldn't have been my first choice of addy I have to say.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I really like it, especially with it being monotone given the rest of the scheme.

But just feel too many are jumping on the band wagon. For christ sake one of my local boozers has just had it done and that's a real spit and sawdust type of place, once they've done it you know you're in trouble!

I've not seen the CTD version but I haven't seen any 'fakes' that have really pulled it off yet, you can normally tell they're fakes from 100 yards.

But if it does date quickly then they shouldn't have much trouble pulling them up, Heinz Mayo wouldn't have been my first choice of addy I have to say.

Picture of the pub or it didn't happen.

Jokes aside, I assume theirs are a copy and not the originals?

Reply to Encaustic look a like job. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them. Price seems good for the tiles I need, but I need a large number of porcelain tiles for an external...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement