Search the forum,

Discuss Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

It's vital that you make sure that you have the height of the bar set correctly depending on the tile thickness. With a tile on the bed of the cutter position the handle over it, the distance between the top of the rail and the underside of the back of the handle (the gap where the rail goes through the handle) must be between 10-15 mm for a Max handle and 3-5mm for klick klock and pull handles. Check this at both ends of the cutter. If this isnt correct you'll struggle to break tile properly.

F

Flintstone

It's vital that you make sure that you have the height of the bar set correctly depending on the tile thickness. With a tile on the bed of the cutter position the handle over it, the distance between the top of the rail and the underside of the back of the handle (the gap where the rail goes through the handle) must be between 10-15 mm for a Max handle and 3-5mm for klick klock and pull handles. Check this at both ends of the cutter. If this isnt correct you'll struggle to break tile properly.

On the max handle, is that with the feet down or the wheel on the tile

L

LM

1st row 2nd picture
istr0920164.jpg

1animal1

I watched the videos originally to find out how to height adjust, but seems I've been doing it the hard way :)

PS thanks for the amazing timely advice! I was about to be one tile short, rectified only by splitting a spare 600mm square, now I won't need to cut my spare as was about to cut 20mm off an offcut... If my next two cuts go well then all is good in the world again :)

Can't believe how quickly I've been able to accurately cut and lay this lot... Nearly finished almost 20sqmts since last Friday. This Sigma was 100% worth the money.. glad I listened to you all

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen