Search the forum,

Discuss dot and dab and the tile association in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

It is a relief and just goes to show how only hearing one side of a story can be bad for one party.. So thanks for the update Gary...

T

The D

So what I am taking from this is it is another one of them jobs we all get where the builder has done a sh it job of the floor and wanted the tiler to get over it. The tiler got over it by using more adhesive than is recommended and a fixing method that is not recommended. Then when it hit the fan the builder tried to blame the tiler for getting over his shoddy work. Personally I hope the builder gets his pants pulled down

D

DHTiling

So what I am taking from this is it is another one of them jobs we all get where the builder has done a sh it job of the floor and wanted the tiler to get over it. The tiler got over it by using more adhesive than is recommended and a fixing method that is not recommended. Then when it hit the fan the builder tried to blame the tiler for getting over his shoddy work. Personally I hope the builder gets his pants pulled down

Too right, and i hope they are full of rubbish..to the brim... deffo passed the buck big time.

S

Spud

There is more to it than what you think, the tiler is a serial dot and dabber and has the nick name Mr. blobby form the local tile shops, he is greek and gets some lovely work from the greek community in north london but has fallen out of favour with alot of people because so many of his jobs have failed and a lot of the high end tile shops warn customers against using him,
The case in question was part of 3 floors this guy has had failed for the same builder which is why the builder went after him through the courts so the tiler is a liability and his arguement in court is that his fixing method isnt what caused the failure,the expert witness doesnt know any of this and just gave evidience on the information he was provided and was put on the spot on the final day of the proceeding with the 50% coverage pictures

H

hillhead

Courts are a funny old place at times, the whole story is often not allowed to be told to jury's etc !!
It'll be good to see the outcome of this, keep up the good work Gary.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Thanks Gary, I do agree about Mr Blobby and his methods. But as we agreed on the phone, if these builders would use decent screeders or let the tiler do the screeding, we would just use a solid bed trowel, back skim the tile and fix once. We could get some serious m2 down.

I am sick of following bad screeders, one job I did not long ago, I struggled getting the floor flat/lip free, when I asked the client why he had not asked me to price for the screeding? he replied " I didn't know you could screed".:mad2:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Interesting reading!

It proves you should walk off jobs if they're not right, and not just think of the cash.

S

Stewart

Have to agree Dan. Every time a tiler agree's to make good and get on with it, he's leaving himself wide open in the blame culture we now live in and saying you need to pay the mortgage no longer cuts it in my opinion!

Created on iPhone.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to dot and dab and the tile association in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen