Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic Tiling Quotes in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

When you have been in the game long enough you tend to sense when you're wasting your time, usually within about 2mins of discussion at a customers house or even earlier whilst on the phone.
But how many domestic customers over the years have you had, that have had the decency to contact you to say your tiling quote has been unsuccessful?
Not many? me neither.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They all ring me then confirm by email or text, yeah course they do. They don't realise that it is your time that you are not getting paid for and don't then have the common decency to let you know. I generally do a follow up call, firstly to make sure they got the quote and secondly to gauge reaction when you ask what their thoughts are on it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just one as I remember....

christmas-economy.258.jpg

O

Old Mod

Probably 1-2 a yr if I'm lucky, and usually by some kind of electronic communication, not in person.
It is welcomed tho, no matter how they decide to tell me!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never........to be honest I think there to embarrassed to call you incase you give them the third degree as to why you didn't get the job........which is a shame as feed back is always good .....
Must admit I've had more than my fair share of time wasters this year.......and like you said you can tell with in minutes. .........when you turn up on time to do the quote and they answer the door and have no idea who you are and what you want.....and you have to remind them they booked you in for a quote. .....you kind of no your wasting your time

Reply to Domestic Tiling Quotes in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen