Discuss Diy Tips : What Tools Do I Need To Do My Own Tiling Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Love the incidental music on the videos! I'm not sure how long the blades would last though the ammount of ceramic cutting we do here. I love the expensive version though! Do you know of any stockists in this country or am I going to have to investigate shipping which I imagine would be really pricey?
Mike

[DLMURL="http://www.tempsfordstainedglass.co.uk/acatalog/Stained_Glass_Store_GRINDERS_AND_RINGSAWS__133.html"]Tempsford Stained Glass GRINDERS AND RINGSAWS.[/DLMURL]

Tracy's Stained Glass Workshop - Taurus 3 Ring Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

Do you know of anyone that manufactures a power nipper? I use hand nipper for cutting inticate shapes out of ceramic tiles, but this has to be done intermittently as the strain on the hand is pretty nasty after spending a day doing this... and something more heavy duty than those available in the US for thin mosaic tiles would be ideal...
Mike:whatchutalkingabout
I use a jigsaw with a ceramic cutting blade, great for slate, ceramic, travertine etc.Will not work on stoneware tiles though, ie porcelain and most manufactured floor tiles
BonnyTiler:thumbsup:

S

Spirit

I use a Bosch cordless grinder for my fancy shapes. Cuts through any kind of tile with little effort, but is much gentler than a mains grinder so doesn't shatter the tiles or snatch.

M

medlar

hows about adding a marker to the list,would`nt fancy having to guess my cuts :lol::lol::lol:

D

doug boardley

my wife was a welder so I've "borrowed" a massive set of compass dividers for measuring my cuts. Spot on every time, especially on walls that are running out of plumb
Bonny Tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
M

medlar

my wife was a welder so I've "borrowed" a massive set of compass dividers for measuring my cuts. Spot on every time, especially on walls that are running out of plumb
Bonny Tiler

that would`nt be " Bonny Tiler" from Gateshead would it mate?

Reply to Diy Tips : What Tools Do I Need To Do My Own Tiling Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks