Search the forum,

Discuss didnt think things could get worse but???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smac74

Sorry to hear about your situation – do you know how long you’ll be out of action...

Hard being off work for a long period of time, just been through it. I was seriously ill last December, had to have emergency op, spent three weeks in hospital and nearly 4 months in recovery. 2 more op’s still to have, next one in January with another 2 months recovery..
Regards financial support -
You should be able to claim ESA, Employment and Support Allowance so long as you’ve made enough NI contributions. If you are over 25 they’ll pay you £60.50 a week, if you are still unable to work after 13 weeks you may qualify for max pay out £89.50. You should get Housing Benefit which helps with rent/ mortgage and Council Tax reduction. Apart from that I am not sure, don’t get much help if your self-employed..
Keep your pecker up mate... Sure a visit from that nurse would help with that!!! :drool5:

S

smac74

Bear in mind CJ - if you get ESA (it's replaced income support and incapacity benefit) and your self employed, any benefits you get paid are treated as income and you'll have to pay tax on it.. I never give it a thought until they wrote to me.. (Nothing is for free)

Also, they will credit your NI account every week that you claim for.. You may have to contact them to inform them on your position..

One thing - when you fill out the claim form "Over Egg It Big Time".. They have points system, the way you answer each question determines on how they score it. Important - The less mobile you are and your inability to look after yourself day to day (getting about, washing, making meals for yourself - if you need help with these duties you'll be awarded max points), the more likely they are to pay out and more important leave you alone. Its not that your lying, just make sure you are detailed in your answers..

I hated being on benefit - i'd never claimed before in my life.. Nightmare dealing with civil servants, how they do that job everyday is a mystery..

Hope it helps - good luck with getting yourself sorted out :thumbsup:

R

richie b

i know how ya feel i broke my wrist and had a plate and pins put in there, hope ya fixed up soon :sick2:

Reply to didnt think things could get worse but???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen