Search the forum,

Discuss didnt think things could get worse but???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

So Sorry to hear about you anke Chris, hope you get on the mend soon and the opp goes well.
My footy career ended while playing ammateur league, torn cruciate, medial and cartilage in tackle. Ive had a knee reconstruction and another opp.
Im tiling away and do a bit of coaching. It takes time and alot of rehab but you have youth on your side and are fit so dont give up....:thumbsup:ever

O

obobsmith

Sorry to hear your news, hope you heal quick take care and try and keep positive, and use anything you can that will help you heal quicker ( legal of course), wee mosaic girl seems to be up to speed on the herbal/ alt stuff.

Just be careful with some, I use glucosamine sulphate for me knees/joints it works for me, but would be a cheep way for me to get rid of my wee wife ( not that I would), as she's alergic to shellfish, ( component of tablets ), and she would inflate to BIG and die.

Take care:thumbsup:

C

CJ CERAMICS

So Sorry to hear about you anke Chris, hope you get on the mend soon and the opp goes well.
My footy career ended while playing ammateur league, torn cruciate, medial and cartilage in tackle. Ive had a knee reconstruction and another opp.
Im tiling away and do a bit of coaching. It takes time and alot of rehab but you have youth on your side and are fit so dont give up....:thumbsup:ever

not too sure about the youth bit davy 43 this year but thank you.
i also coach a under 13's team so they may be happy(no more me shouting at them lol)

M

mags

Martial arts competiors do not have to be insured I am a 2nd dan in Wado Ryu and have never had insurance except i competition where its the competition thats covered, oyu do however need a license.

Football teams however are sometimes covered and even if not , if this player is found to be negligent then you can sue him for loss of earnings etc. WHen i broke my ankle in footy I was off work for 13 weeks , so id look into this.

Also there is the criminal injuries compensation board although this may not sound like a criminal act, if the lad made a dangerous tackle with the intention of doing you , this is a criminal act - find wintnesses.

Hope it gets better soon, and if they offer you a operation to screw the ankle to save liiments then HAVE IT - I didnt and I suffer because of it.

All the best

Ken

O

obobsmith

Martial arts competiors do not have to be insured I am a 2nd dan in Wado Ryu and have never had insurance except i competition where its the competition thats covered, oyu do however need a license.

Football teams however are sometimes covered and even if not , if this player is found to be negligent then you can sue him for loss of earnings etc. WHen i broke my ankle in footy I was off work for 13 weeks , so id look into this.

Also there is the criminal injuries compensation board although this may not sound like a criminal act, if the lad made a dangerous tackle with the intention of doing you , this is a criminal act - find wintnesses.

Hope it gets better soon, and if they offer you a operation to screw the ankle to save liiments then HAVE IT - I didnt and I suffer because of it.

All the best

Ken

I'm I club cyclist and as a BC member your covered third party in events much the same as above, but i'm guessing these small local footie comps don't have that as it's not a national body. Also practice Aikido, pay my subs but don't Know what situation is re injury/self employed as up untill recently I was employed and would get sick pay, guess I better look into it as over the years I've had fractured skull, collerbones, ribs,knacered knees and lots of missing skin thanks to my racing exploits.

F

faithhealer

Chris, so sorry to read this, I know what I would feel like if it happened to me, wish you all the best mate. If I win the lottery you are first in the queue Chris. Keep us updated.

U

user123

Sorry to hear your news, hope you heal quick take care and try and keep positive, and use anything you can that will help you heal quicker ( legal of course), wee mosaic girl seems to be up to speed on the herbal/ alt stuff.

Just be careful with some, I use glucosamine sulphate for me knees/joints it works for me, but would be a cheep way for me to get rid of my wee wife ( not that I would), as she's alergic to shellfish, ( component of tablets ), and she would inflate to BIG and die.

Good point, obo :thumbsup: - however I am well qualified, ran a practice for years... and for the very reason you mention re allergies would not recommend herbal remedies to anyone without further enquiries. Homoeopathy, however, works entirely differently and there is no history whatsoever of allergic reactions, so it is safe to recommend, especially at the dose shown. The Arnica and Rhus tox combo is famous for its effectiveness and absolutely safe to take.

I was stunned at the no insurance requirement (re MAGS), as we run our own T'ai Chi and Kung Fu Association, my husband has been teaching for over 30 years - all instructors and members have relevant insurances and we do not allow our instructors to teach classes without it. New students have a three week trial period before they have to join, specifically for reasons of insurance. We have never ever needed it, but as a professional association in this day and age it is absolutely essential. I cannot believe that the football club would not even have a basic public liability set-up... or the coach surely must have a master policy covering his players?

M

mags

OMG I take glucosamine sulphate with condroitin I had no idea about that :yikes:

Reply to didnt think things could get worse but???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen