Discuss Dashboard Cameras in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

Who has them?
Just read an article in the Which magazine about them.......some expensive turkeys out there if you pick the wrong one.
Apparently using one can reduce your insurance premiums,never mind proving some else was at fault in the event of a prang.
The chances of me hitting or even meeting another car is pretty slim,a cow or a sheep maybe,but for those in the towns and cities it might be possible to get your monies worth back in the first year??????

W

White Room

I have one but only use for longer journeys or traveling into London, the cyclists and motor bikes can be all over place so just in case.

O

On one

Could be quite handy that way. Reminds of when I did a couple of months in the centre of Cambridge..........the silent buggers are lethal!

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Well hurray up someone and get one........then review it on here.
I have the Transcend camera it's superb,Got it after nearly getting wiped out by two trucks in the same week while the drivers were reading bloody text messages !!

O

On one

I have the Transcend camera it's superb,Got it after nearly getting wiped out by two trucks in the same week while the drivers were reading bloody text messages !!
Did you have to provide the pics to an insurance co?

Q

Qwerty

Just ordered mine. Has a rear camera too
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408021552.579525.jpg

Q

Qwerty

My dash cam arrived today. Very impressed!!! I'm still getting to grips with it and will install properly this weekend. In the meantime this is a you tube video review of it by somebody else.......
http://youtu.be/X16kiyDtTms

D

Dougs Third Go

Your've got to have eyes everywhere...
kinda recently, I had my eyes everywhere, a real slow motion jobbie, I was 10 yards back fro give way sign, looking through all the implanted road signs on the verges, saw the motorcyclist, pretty sure he saw me too, he lost it, him and bike parted company, but both managed to hit me at 90 degrees, smack on. There was no probs over liabilty etc via insurance, but apparently biker saw a rabbit, a fecking rabbit! and chose to avoid that and risk maiming me (his bike cartwheeled into my side window before taking a trip over my wing and bonnet), not sure what good a dashcam would've done in that situation tbh, but thankfully biker( important part, through the grace of god,lived) and was outta hospital with a broken femur, broken shoulder, 4 broken ribs, broken ankle too,,,,and I got my pick-up back 3 weeks after he was discharged!

Reply to Dashboard Cameras in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks