Discuss Dashboard Cameras in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
hows everyone getting on with their cameras. i need one now, the culmination was through an absolute donkey (not a literal donkey) stopping in the middle of green man roundabout for no reason and nearly leaving me with no choice but to wipe them out. However Im quite sharp for 31 so managed to avoid said donkarse

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a cheap one off ebay that Richard from an old sponsor recommended and it is brilliant. Auto looping recording over old recordings. Takes a SD card so can whip it out even if the camera it totalled in an accident. Sticks to the screen like sat nav so you can take it off and whack it in glove box if you end up in the Bronx etc I'll try to find the name for you.

Q

Qwerty

Update on my dash cam....... in short it was absolute rubbish!

It did fine for a few months, but when winter set in I found that it killed the internal battery which was fixed and no way of replacing it.

I have since purchased a replacement which has been excellent. I thought long & hard about whether I could buy expensive and get exceptional quality or buy cheap (again!) and try my luck (could then bite the bullet and admit I'm a tight arse and fork out for a better unit!). It was only £25 and worth every penny. These units are sold by Argos & Homebase so not the usual cheap no brand rubbish. I have seen identical (possible Chinese copies) on Amazon for just £10 but these aren't branded as the original is.

So here it is-

Streetwize SWREC1 Screen Compact In-Car Digital Video Recorder, 2.5-inch
HD In-vehicle video journey recorder
Ideal for journey recording up to 16hours on 32GB SD card ( Not Provided)
Provides quality video evidence in case of an accident or incident disputes.Infrared night vision,with motion sensor activation
Continuous looping recording.

image.jpg

The unit was easy to setup and use and the quality is actually very good. The recording is very good too. Audio isn't great, but acceptable. It's not got a wide angle lens but it is good enough. As soon as I get time to put some of the footage on here I will.

In the meantime here is an American you tube review-

I

Ian

How is the latest of your cameras doing @Plan Tec Tiling ? I'm thinking of getting one and can't work out the good from the bad :tearsofjoy: Any recommendations from anyone as to what to go for? I'd say somewhere up to £50 is what I'd like to spend.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How is the latest of your cameras doing @Plan Tec Tiling ? I'm thinking of getting one and can't work out the good from the bad :tearsofjoy: Any recommendations from anyone as to what to go for? I'd say somewhere up to £50 is what I'd like to spend.
Sale on

Nextbase 212 1080p Full HD 2.7" LED Wide Angle Night Vision Dash Cam Camera | eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextbase-212-1080p-Full-HD-2-7-LED-Wide-Angle-Night-Vision-Dash-Cam-Camera-/322182283282?hash=item4b038f8012:g:JRsAAOSwuzRXe660

Worth it IMO.

I

Ian

I see it's got a tenner off it on the eBay page but, not in the shops. I wonder why that is?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The wide angle lens is a must IMO. GPS perhaps not so. If it has been recording for a while, there's no arguing over where the accident happened etc I guess. Worth putting behind the middle seat kinda in the roof too if you can. A) harder to spot from the outside by thieves and B) the wide angle should get the side windows a little too. Need the right van and can shape for that but some of the sparkies have managed to play around with it and got it situated perfectly. They loose a bit of the bonnet but you can see anything coming towards it. And your bonnet isn't going anywhere I guess lol so if it's in 3 bits, it's clearly been hit. No arguing over that either.

Reply to Dashboard Cameras in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks