Discuss Dashboard Cameras in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Marksmithtiling

waiting for mine to be delivered, its built into rear view mirror with a reverse cam also. Ebay about £55 will let you all know how it is

Q

Qwerty

waiting for mine to be delivered, its built into rear view mirror with a reverse cam also. Ebay about £55 will let you all know how it is

Is this being fitted into a van or car? I have no rear view mirror so wouldn't be any good for me. I've mounted my cam where the rear view mirror would belong. Is yours removable Mark? and does it record front & rear views simultaneously?

Reaction score
My dash cam arrived today. Very impressed!!! I'm still getting to grips with it and will install properly this weekend. In the meantime this is a you tube video review of it by somebody else.......
http://youtu.be/X16kiyDtTms

Just watched the review Geoff thanks for posting that look good value for the money, and it can be used as a reversing camera as long as you have the remote with you which suits my needs ,so looking forward to what you say before i purchase one :thumbsup:

Q

Qwerty

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408728391.903408.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408728403.138470.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408728418.005855.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408728429.140192.jpg

A few pics of my instal. Didn't take long at all and works a treat. Footage is spot on and clear. Audio isn't great but works, just a bit crackly.....but nobody needs to hear me sniffing, burping and all the rest anyway!!!

It is always connected, so starts up & records when the ignition is turned on and turns off 30 seconds after ignition is turned off. I have it set on 5 minute loop. Camera shows front & rear on same screen, but is saved as a separate file when viewed back.

I have the rear camera set up looking back up the road at the moment, but have had it set pointing downwards as a reverse cam and it work just fine. I have the rear camera fixed underneath the rear roller bracket off of my last rhino bar. If it wasn't for this bar I would have struggled to get a decent down view as a reverse camera.

All the cables tidied away nicely and the rear cable tracked all the way to the camera lend with about 2" to spare (I have a LWB factory crew Vivaro).

Footage back on the PC or TV is so clear and after watching that review video (the Chinese instructions weren't very clear), I was able to operate it just fine.

I covered those flashing LEDs as in the review video as they were so bright.

Will upload some footage over the next week when I'm not busy fixing tiles!!

M

Mr Tiler

how much was that goeff looks like a tidy set up? but is bound to attract the wrong type of attention i.e smackheads!

Q

Qwerty

how much was that goeff looks like a tidy set up? but is bound to attract the wrong type of attention i.e smackheads!

Look at the link I posted earlier in the thread Ash. Smack heads where I live & work???......more chance of winning the lottery! [emoji6] To be fair Ash it doesn't stand out at all as is where the rear view mirror would normally live

Reaction score
It must be the area you live in T-bag lol.
Geoff did you drill any holes for the rear camera cable to come out of the van ? or what mate......:thumbsup: unless anyone can come up with better then i will get one as well.......

Q

Qwerty

No Dave. I have it running loose past the rear door rubber as on the vivaro it is a massive overhang. I may drill a small hole & use a specific grommet but at the moment it's taped down and seems pretty happy like that

M

Marksmithtiling

Is this being fitted into a van or car? I have no rear view mirror so wouldn't be any good for me. I've mounted my cam where the rear view mirror would belong. Is yours removable Mark? and does it record front & rear views simultaneously?

As far as im aware it records front view but the reverse camera is powered by the reverse lights coming on so think its just a reverse cam no record. Its going in my Tourneo minibus.

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As far as im aware it records front view but the reverse camera is powered by the reverse lights coming on so think its just a reverse cam no record. Its going in my Tourneo minibus.

it has to be wired via reverse lights to work like this.
maybe i am wrong.

Q

Qwerty

Playing back some of my footage today......used one of my spare AV jack leads from a digital camera to play directly onto my TV using the AV out socket. That you tube review said it doesn't work, but it does. Picture and sound on playback are spot on and even at night the picture is pretty good.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408816919.183636.jpg

Reply to Dashboard Cameras in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks