Search the forum,

Discuss cutting metal trims in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevor1980

Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent tool to cut and mitre metal tiletrims?..I've tiled a kitchen today with 5 lengths of metal trim with about 20 mitred corners using a broken plastic mitre box and a junior hacksaw...needless to say it wasn't enjoyable!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a Makita chopsaw and I put a metal blade into it for cutting trims, corners are bang on 45 everytime. Means I have to trail a big saw about but it's only for the day when trims go on.

I

Ian

I use one of the genesis mitre boxes from CTD, great little tool. I do keep meaning to buy a mini chop saw but haven't seen one I like the look of yet. A cordless one would be ideal.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
As above I use my Evo Rage , generally I tend to mitre them at home rather than take the Rage to work. Funnily enough I've just done a house over the last couple of days using metal trim. I loaded it out Weds afternoon , and counted how many mitres there were and just mitred both ends of 6 lengths weds night. Just a case of cutting to length on site then with a junior hacksaw ( the internals are cut square ).

I also keep a set of templates ( 3 pieces ) for the 2 tile splashbacks in the WCs for this particular builder , its always the same ( portrait - porcelanosa 333 x 200 ) and cut a set at home for each new plot. No messing about then , 2 tiles on , slide in the ready made trim set . :0)

Diggy

S

SJPurdy

You will find a full size hack saw, with a fine tooth blade easier to use than a junior one, it's easier to keep straight in the mitre block as it is less likely to twist and cut into the block.

D

D man

Ultra thin metal grinder blades from wickes are excellent for mitring metal trim u get about 5 for £12

Reply to cutting metal trims in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen