Search the forum,

Discuss cuts inside of windows in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cripo

hi everyone, can anyone give me any tips on cuts inside windows i struggle to get nice cuts only just done my first bathroom for a member of my family turned out pretty good job just struggled round the window took me bloody ages!!!some pictures would be handy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

john32145

hi m8 do u just mean time wise or are you have problems measuring your cuts? you should be able to mark your tiles the same way you do all your other cuts, then i usually put the cut edge to the inside and the good edge against the trim, then grout and silicone. no sure if that helps you much if not sure some1 else will have more tips and mayb able to explain it better.

John

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
hi m8 do u just mean time wise or are you have problems measuring your cuts? you should be able to mark your tiles the same way you do all your other cuts, then i usually put the cut edge to the inside and the good edge against the trim, then grout and silicone. no sure if that helps you much if not sure some1 else will have more tips and mayb able to explain it better.

John

Nah, 'bout sums it up I think.

B

brian c

sometimes if everything is square you can do one cut and check to see if it fits all the way around and then do a run of cuts ,saving you time.Was it the trims or the cuts that were an issue or both?

C

cripo

sometimes if everything is square you can do one cut and check to see if it fits all the way around and then do a run of cuts ,saving you time.Was it the trims or the cuts that were an issue or both?
hi brian the window was not straight and i had to square it up,it needed a bit of gear to pack it out and was hard to get things level??

B

brian c

thats usually the way..never straight...so need to do cuts one at a time because of this...

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Cripo. If the window isn't square i usually take the widest point (at each side) and cut all the tiles at the same size then build out the return cuts with adhesive. When looking at the window you don't want to see it isn't square.
I find it leaves a better job.

Reply to cuts inside of windows in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen