Search the forum,

Discuss Corner tape...Start using your head Not your finger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dagger

whats wrong with soapy water lightly sprayed and a wet finger?
when you apply your bead of silicone and spray with soapy water some of the soapy water seeps behind the circular bead of silicone, creating a point of non adhesion when you "push" the silicone against the wall.

this is effect is lowered when you tape off as you push the silicone against the tape and peel off, but the silicone pulls away from the wall somewhat!

in essence spray your hand NOT the silicone!

water, soapy water or any moisture and silicone do not mix!

try siliconing straight after a grout wash off!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dagger

no water, dry area and a result!

siliconrandtrimupclose.jpg

U

user123

The no skill required is a bit sad though, isn't it? Skill is good I say! I really like siliconing (thanks to NETT Darren) and with a bit of skill at least we don't add to more environmentally unfriendly rubbish and manufacturing processes...AND I can cope with uneven heights of mosaic tiles... I reckon the tape would leave unwelcome gaps...

D

doug boardley

I'd have thought that you should be able to get bigger than 25m rolls tho, one biggish bathroom and it's all gone, unless of course the "m" means miles, not metres:smilewinkgrin:

M

milan11

Hm, I was using ordinary tape when I didn't know how to apply a silicone - but that was 15 years ago.

Btw, what's the difference between ordinary tape and cornertape?
Except for the price. :D

M

Matt

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy from CornerTape today! He is a fantastic guy and he went indepth about his product

I have to say, the product is FANTASTIC. I took a video of the demo (Sadly only the last part) as he purposefully made a right pigs ear of intially applying the silicone. The end result was a perfect silicone seal!

Top notch porduct, top notch guy:thumbsup:

M

Matt

Here is the video I shot. As you can see, you really don't need to be good with a sealant gun for a good result

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwJbBM--0s[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Big-Smudge

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy from CornerTape today! He is a fantastic guy and he went indepth about his product

I have to say, the product is FANTASTIC. I took a video of the demo (Sadly only the last part) as he purposefully made a right pigs ear of intially applying the silicone. The end result was a perfect silicone seal!

Top notch porduct, top notch guy:thumbsup:

Cheers Matt,

Good to meet you too,

Its a bit of an eye opener init, hehe,:smilewinkgrin:

Cheers
Andy

Reply to Corner tape...Start using your head Not your finger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen