Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Corner tape...Start using your head Not your finger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Take a look at the new video's on corner tapes website.........

cornertape.co.uk

CornerTape

• 25m rolls for the Professional user.
  • 5m rolls for smaller DIY jobs
  • CornerTape is simple to use and gives perfect joints
  • No experience necessary for a perfect finish
  • Saves time when compared to traditional methods.
  • A much cleaner way of applying sealant
  • Very easy to use
  • Consistant results
  • No skill required at all with a silicone gun

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Never used it, and I'm stuck in my ways as far as silicon finishing, would need to try before I buy......not totally convinced.

But hey ho........I'm an old git :smilewinkgrin:

D

dagger

it looks like THE product if you do not silicone regularly,

remember that you should NOT use soapy water when applying!

O

Olz

Ive seen it demo'd a few times, there is no question that the finish is excellent, do they do it in larger rolls now?

D

dagger

whats wrong with soapy water lightly sprayed and a wet finger?
when you apply your bead of silicone and spray with soapy water some of the soapy water seeps behind the circular bead of silicone, creating a point of non adhesion when you "push" the silicone against the wall.

this is effect is lowered when you tape off as you push the silicone against the tape and peel off, but the silicone pulls away from the wall somewhat!

in essence spray your hand NOT the silicone!

water, soapy water or any moisture and silicone do not mix!

try siliconing straight after a grout wash off!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dagger

no water, dry area and a result!

siliconrandtrimupclose.jpg

U

user123

The no skill required is a bit sad though, isn't it? Skill is good I say! I really like siliconing (thanks to NETT Darren) and with a bit of skill at least we don't add to more environmentally unfriendly rubbish and manufacturing processes...AND I can cope with uneven heights of mosaic tiles... I reckon the tape would leave unwelcome gaps...

D

doug boardley

I'd have thought that you should be able to get bigger than 25m rolls tho, one biggish bathroom and it's all gone, unless of course the "m" means miles, not metres:smilewinkgrin:

M

milan11

Hm, I was using ordinary tape when I didn't know how to apply a silicone - but that was 15 years ago.

Btw, what's the difference between ordinary tape and cornertape?
Except for the price. :D

Reply to Corner tape...Start using your head Not your finger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks